Saturday, June 4, 2016

Away From Home

Not far away, but just not home so this is a catch up kind of entry cuz the next entry just got long and had way too much excitement to conclude it with these mundane details of an ordinary busy Saturday. So I woke after naps, if you recall (and if you don't, that's what the link is for) and may or may not have tried to insert a bit of organization in a mostly discombobulated mind (dream unwind, that's a state of mind), but as it turned out, I kind left that process in mid-stream for what I believe might have been sleep as I had a very busy day planned for today. Or else it must have seen a squirrel or something shiney.

Anyway, the night before I was awake all night playing Bridge, Chess, Ruzzle omg, I just realize I skipped a day of Ruzzle so I am probably no longer in first place in the weekly tournament... what a calamity, aye?... I'll be back, I may have a few minutes more to play today so I don't miss two whole days... well, I am back.... I moved into second place for the week by taking first place for today... I had a really big lead before I forgot about it and skipped a couple of days... busy away from home, what a tragedy, aye?), and whatever on the computer and with a long Saturday ahead, I needed sleep.

So are we catching up on Saturday yet?...

A-hem, well, I woke whenever I woke. Middle of the night, most likely. Went out to the fields and played with the seniors. Not too good, I must say. I seem to absorb the energy around me and play to the team's level. Must address that with the brain. After fielding and batting practice, pitching for the batting practice, and two games with the seniors I paused waiting for the Saturday team to arrive because we had a practice scheduled with them. While waiting I tolked to one of the two females who come out for softball and I could have swore I wrote about this somewhere... but anyway, she is returning to the game after a long time away and is a mousy type personality because her social life before now was her husband and three kids (mid-teens now) and she realized she wanted more (as she said, she lived in a closet for 17 years) and she is now recently divorced and timidly stepping out. Not that timidly, though, as we exchanged numbers and she asked if she could take me out for coffe or something as I mentioned somewhere in our conversation that I don't like alcohol. She said she doesn't either, but I get the sense she wants to get drunk and lose herself at least once now that she is out of the closet, so to speak.

I had to head out for more drinks, so I excused myself from our conversation and picked up more drinks. She was hanging out with a few of the other seniors and the only other female who came out and I sat and talked with them for a bit until it was time for the Saturday team's practice. There were four of us at first, including me and the coach and we both just played for three straight hours. The coach is a control freak type so he did a lot of the pitching so he could give instruction to the two players who showed up. Those two are in the program he runs in his professional life. I've got a feeling I may be sitting a lot since he things he is the greatest pitcher ever, even though he said he will coach from the sidelines mostly and his teams, with him as the pitcher, never made it into the top three (out of five) the last four or five seasons since I've been playing on Saturdays. The ego is way ahead of the skills, if you know what I mean.

Of Course mine may be too, lol, lam.

After six hours of softball in the blistering heat (the sun was brutal out there without a cloud in the sky until the last half hour we were out there... I drank about a hundred ounces of gatorade and water so i survived), I headed down to Curly's place. I collapsed on the couch and moments later Curly's mom, who I sometimes call Momma and sometimes call Flower in the blogs, arrived to play games with us (Curly's son, Chico, was there for the weekend... Curly has him every other weekend or so, but he'll be with Curly a lot more now that school is out... I believe he is 13 y/o and can play all the card and board games we play, so he plays with us sometimes and other times plays his online video games). We play Rummikub and I won the first game and Chico won one the second game one move before I was going out so he had fun and I think we all did.

Somewhere in that time zone the cat, who we will call Quasimoto, entered the house for the first time. Quasimoto was once a house cat based on how affectionate she is, but she's been living outdoors for some time based on how wary and strong she is. For the last couple of weeks she has been attracted to Curly's place probably because Curly puts traps out for the possums, raccoons, and other wild critters that inhabit his neighborhood. He takes the caught critters to a big wooded area about five miles away and releases them. Well Quasimoto observed the trapping for weeks and never went for the bait in the trap. Smart one, that Quasimoto is. She moved in under Curly's truck about two weeks ago after it seems a dozen or so different critters were trapped and relocated and it was getting a bit quieter out there. For the past week, she's started moving closer to Curly and others when we were outside and a few days ago she started rubbing legs. She came to the door and sat on the stopp today and Curly put out a bowl of water and another bowl of tuna. She carefully sniffed around for a while and sat with Flower and finally took some of the tuna from the bowl down the steps to eat it. about an hour later she came inside and explored. She laid down in the middle of the floor and was home.

That's when Flower headed out and Curly and I ran a few errands while Chico played his online games. Curly had to make some keys for one of his houses and we stopped at a local wholesale food place, Gordons, to pick up food as they had ground beef on sale for $1.79 a pound (19% fat, which is fine on the grill) and some other stuff. Then we headed back to his place to put the pizza he bought at Costco in the oven and Excel and Elton and Mystery (Elton's partner) arrived for games. We played Apples to Apples for a while, then Excel had to leave because she had her daughter with her and we played something else (mind's a blank on that one).

Quasimoto asked to go out and comeback in a couple of times and Curly was super attentive. She decided to stay out on his back porch after a while and that's where she was when I left. That brings us to the drive home and all the excitement of the next entry.

You've loved every minute of it, right?

lol lam narf :)




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all I would like to say terrific blog! I had a quick question in which I'd
like to ask if you don't mind. I was curious to
find out how you center yourself and clear your thoughts before writing.

I've had difficulty clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out there.
I do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are
usually wasted simply just trying to figure out
how to begin. Any ideas or hints? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

My brother recommended I may like this blog.
He was once totally right. This put up actually
made my day. You can not believe simply how a lot
time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I think that what you typed was very reasonable. But, consider this, what if you composed a catchier title?
I am not suggesting your information is not good,
however suppose you added a post title that makes people
desire more? I mean "Away From Home" is kinda boring.

You could glance at Yahoo's home page and note how they create news headlines to get viewers interested.
You might add a video or a pic or two to get people
interested about what you've got to say. In my opinion, it would make your website a little
livelier.

Anonymous said...

you're in point of fact a just right webmaster. The website loading pace is incredible.
It kind of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick.
Also, The contents are masterwork. you have performed
a fantastic process in this topic!

Anonymous said...

Quality articles or reviews is the important to be a focus for
the users to go to see the web site, that's what
this web site is providing.

Anonymous said...

What's up mates, its great paragraph concerning teachingand entirely defined, keep it up all the time.

Anonymous said...

I don't know whether it's just me or if everybody else encountering problems with your blog.
It appears as though some of the written text on your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide
feedback and let me know if this is happening to them too?
This could be a problem with my browser because I've had this happen before.
Many thanks

Anonymous said...

I couldn't resist commenting. Perfectly written!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I could have sworn I've visited your blog before but after going through many
of the articles I realized it's new to me. Anyhow, I'm definitely pleased I discovered it
and I'll be bookmarking it and checking back frequently!

candoor said...

Seriously? I mean, am I supposed to take one of these comments seriously? I will if you respond and tell me which comment was yours. I definitely will if you introduce yourself and share something more than praise. Not that I mind the praise, I mean, I published the comments, right? lol. Ego is easy to please. You however whomever all of you may be, are an enigma in a bundle of words. Still, thank you all and I hope you find a more original name soon, not to mention introduce yourself to me and each other.

You're welcome, and welcome all. :)

candoor said...

Ok, so maybe I was a bit hasty calling you all SPAM lol. So...

Anon #1, thank you and I clear my mind by dumping anything in it out into the babbling words you read. When I don't have a concrete thought, I just babble about whatever comes to mind and let the flow of words happen. Maybe it works sometimes. :)

Anon #2, thank you and I hope the rest of your day was made even better somehow. Thank your brother too. :)

Anon #3, sometimes I thread the title into the blog in clever ways according to some people and occasionally, I think so too. Most of the time the title does have some connection to the babble, eventually. I appreciate your idea and even though I've written well over a hundred thousand entries over the years (more than a hundred of my blogs are right here on Blogger), I'll keep your title idea in mind. Yahoo's home page, aye? I used to have one of those, long ago, and for irony or whatever, one of my many names there was and is Anonanonanon. :)

Anon #4, Hug, I hurt bad when words are lost like that. Thank you for trying, and for the praise. I wonder what you wrote. :)

Anon #5, Yahoo News again? I have no clue how I got there, but this blog will surely come up on searches for Yahoo News now, aye? lol. Thanks. :)

Anon #6, Thank you profusely :)

Anon #7, Is your sister single? :)

Even if she is not, I would love to hear her analysis. :)

Anon #8, In a Blogger Blog, go to Settings --> Posts, comments, and sharing and scroll down to "Show Word Verification." That is Bloggers version of a Captcha. Hope this helps. :)

Anon #9, Articles, I still kind of wonder about that word. Anyway, thanks. :)

Anon #10, Aussie? Teaching? Ok. Thanks :)

Anon #11, No one else mentioned it. What browser were you using?

Anon #12, Thank you, please feel free not to resist commenting some more. :)

Anon #13, A new scheme, aye? About softball or cats or something I missed? God luck to all of you and hope you and your whole community come back and comment more. :)

Anon #14, You may have visited before, after all, I write hundreds of entries. Or maybe you visited one of my other 100+ blogs. Candoor writes a lot :)

Anon #15, The word "board" also makes me wonder. Maybe you don't have many blog encounters. Then again, I have journals, diaries, and blogs, at least. Call it what you like and come back anytime. :)

Well, that was a busy few days a few weeks ago and I am happy I stopped by here to publish all your comments.

Maybe one of you could tell me why you chose a 2016 entry and not something closer to the dates on your comments?

Especially since I basically tried to sell you on the more fun (for me, at least) entry right after this one that you read and responded to, aye? :)

Whatever the reasons or rhymes, real or not, I appreciate all the attention and hope you come back to the present to respond some more.

Make your life smile :)