Monday, June 19, 2017

So I Concentrated (Rinse, Repeat?)

This was actually written days from now because I forgot I had uploaded the previous entry so maybe it's a contest for which entry expanded on the original best since both this and the previous entry here were expansions on the brief blog which will be surreptitiously linked at some later time, no doubt.

Hey, you, are you with me?

Hello, like in Pink Floyd's song... anybody? I know you're out there somewhere (not just cuz the Moody Blues told me) and it would be a huge (not the Trump kind) kindness if you would share a few words (candoor at the gmail, you can do it!) here or in email or text (if you can't find my number you haven't looked). I kind of like her voice, but I wish she's stop talking and play the whole songs. Meanwhile, I have not one bit of kidding when I say (or write) that I would really like to continue (really I would, do you want me to?... a yes would inspire so much) and I kinda almost did (or at least started), but maybe the worms did eat into his brain after all. Sigh, ya know?

I really want to see what she looks like (is she her?


Oh I've so been there (and wanna be again, aye?)

Meanwhile, in what passed as the daily life, which is what the brief and this blog is supposed to be about (in case it matters... are you still awake?), I spent the day out in the world having fun. That was after a less than ideal sleep night as lot of interruptions came around. Eb wanted to tell me his itinerary at my door as I was eating so I think he's going away this week, but I was not paying attention. Don't expect me to take detailed notes while I am eating. I don't eat to get fat, I eat to savor the tastes. Pay attention and you'll enjoy life more. And lose some weight like you said you would. Who me? Then there was the lawn guy pounding on the door and ringing the bell several times yesterday after work well into the late evening, I might have mentioned that. Then he's back ringing the doorbell before 7am this morning until Eb got home around 8am. Eb asks me what's with the guy. I explain what he's been doing for the last three weeks and repeat the mantra he's your lawn guy, I just pay you rent and you decide how to spend it. Then a wrong number phone call on the work phone woke me again at 9am. I finally got up and showered about a little after 11am.

Something's gotta change in my eating sleeping exercise habits. Less, more, and more would be wise.

Once there was a way (or something like that).

Then I was off to lunch with Helen, her mother, and one of Helen's girlfriend. We went to the least healthy salad place I know, Sweet Tomatoes. How Americans eat salads, with lots of dressing, bread, cheese, pasta, and high calories soups. Oh,let's not forget the ice cream. I actually ate too much (what's wrong with five bowls of soup, I mean they had eight or nine kinds and I had to try some of them) and had to stop at a big box store to use the bathroom. I am getting rather comfortable using outside public bathrooms. Naturally I bought a few things. Less spending too, please (see the close of the previous paragraph that was more than a one line plug for the seven thousand entries in my previous blog).

Are we having fun yet?

Well, if you must know, I am out in the car a lot some days for work and I visit friends far from where I sleep a lot so I use the facilities wherever I need to. I know some clean ones and bring my own clean-up stuff. Shades of the homeless song, no doubt.
Anyway, then I met Helen at her house (she had taken her mom grocery shopping and I was supposed to be getting a haircut) and we went to an even bigger big box store and bought some more stuff (somebody hide my wallet). After that we went to the haircut lady and she took the day off, so no haircut. Nobody will believe me but Helen witnessed it. I actually wanted a haircut.

Then we hung out at her house for a while (she did chores, I relaxed... she doesn't sit still much, which is why she can eat buffets with me and is still so thin, dangit) until it was time for me to head to cards. A selection of the usual suspects were there (at cards) along with the usual cheap pizza for dinner (Hungry Howie's tonight) and in the end, I finished second and walked away up $50. Good deal.

Heading home, I stopped at the storage unit and picked up a cooler because I am going to start keeping two coolers in the car, one for the laptop bag (in the trunk) and one for drinks in the car. Driving around in the heat on weekends or on weekends for work is getting expensive, so bring drinks and keeping the laptops cool is beyond sensible.

When I got home I found myself motivated to straighten up and reorganize this room and it is much more spacious (for a small box) and things are more easily available. Such a mood must not be ignored. Who knows, I might get to the laundry this week. Only about eight or ten loads piled up. No wonder I am getting itches on the feets.

Now, if only someone was here to share the fun, life (and this space) would be even better.

Even here

Hello?... hello... hello...

Narf :)

No comments: