Saturday, August 6, 2016

Tomorrow's Entry (The Back)

As if I can manipulate all time and space with my bare hands (or two fingers, even), this entry summarized what will happen tomorrow because it was written tomorrow and uploaded today, which is already yesterday, simply because the current entry demanded top billing as a lead entry in the return of the King, I mean, blogging babbler (or babbling blogger) who inhabits this particular blog (as opposed to this guy who tries to keep it brief, succinct, and to the point (now without repetition, sometimes). Oh, how much more could be added if we only had the time, energy, and a few billion dollars. But that wasn't the point of this entry written for yesterday, tomorrow. What was the point, anyway?

Oh yeah, the back. As if it might let me forget it is there. The pain of moving the wrong way when standing up or getting out of bed was a 9 out of 10 for the first two days and dropped to a 7 out of ten today and is now a 3 out of ten tonight. I played two games of softball today and was not in good shape the first game as the back needed to work through the pain and stiffness and we lost, though not completely due to my pitching and inability to field gound balls. The second game I settled in and shut down the other team after the second inning and we won. While moving, the pain was minimal most of the time. I ran and swung the bat about half speed and pitched at about 40% the first game and about 80% the second game.

After softball I met Helen for dinner. She treated to a local mexican Buffet. Pretty bland for Mexican food, but good nonetheless. She remarked that I lost weight and it is possible as I ate very little this week and was pretty big the last time she saw me. I am not checking the scales and do not wear clothing that would tll me if I lost inches, so I'll take her word for it. I thin the abdominal muscles have been tight due to the back and the back forces me to stand up straighter which gives an impression of weight loss. We talked for a could of hours and then I headed to Curly's for fun.

A new couple was there tonight, friends of Excel's, and we played a board game for a couple of hours. They left because they had to take their son home and we played bridge after that until after 1am. We talked about hour and a half, played RummiCube, and then we all headed home.

Now didn't you miss this play by play of the broad details of the life as I experience it? Come on, you know it made your night.

Self-mockery, it's all I've got to amuse myself sometimes.

Narf. :)

No comments: