Saturday, March 24, 2018

On The Internet

I put this on the internet last night. Or maybe it was before, but in any case, to got me to thinking about what we put on the internet. After all, I put a whole lot on the internet (and I am not even talking about Facebook and the other social meeting places. Thinking is a two edged sword. Did you ever notice that sword and words contain the same letters?

It seems to me that so many sad and vulnerable people are relating to people abstractly through youtube and other internet long distance-communications. Even those not sad, I think it is sad that so many people depend on internet communications so much. I wonder if people are losing whatever social skills they had. Schools certainly do not teach them. We learn social skills after school and when most after school time is spent in front of a computer or online on a phone, well, I wonder. How is the internet changing humanity?

Who knows, maybe he knows (I wouldn't know, I didn't watch the video).

So then I thought... maybe they know (they being the previous linked person and the next linked person, in case you wondered). youtube has me wondering about life and people and our culture and sociological stuff, like does she represent a generation? Whatever the answer, if someone helped her calm down just a little and focus her energy, she may have eyes that could steal a camera's soul. She and younger people online have me wondering how the internet has changed relationships and social skills in the recent generations moving into what society calls adulthood. How aware of how unaware they are are they?

Is it sad that normal is to prefer internet contact over eye contact and human touch? These are the things that keep a generation awake at night.

While Janet Devlin is probably far from average, being a young person who never had to work before she started a career in music, she reminds me that devotion to something (music, for us, at least it used to be for me), is essential in this life to remain stable cuz being unsteady happens... aren't we all, at least sometimes? Then again, maybe she is closer to normal than I'd have first thought. She is definitely effervescent, at least. Wow though, I wonder if she has MS or CF or as her commenters think maybe fibromyalgia or something serious. On further consideration, she is not just another millennial after all. Sister, so now she's adopted, dangit. Luckily, she's 5000 miles away.


I really like her sense of humor.

So on an unrelated topic, I signed up for Tinder. Here is my profile photo.


This will likely continue... not just this entry, but this searching for the one and musing over amusements I find on the internet. As the years move along, I find I seek much more depth and cerebral connection than the libido connection that was the source of so many rhymes and reasons for rambling on and on about love and passion and bliss (remember the Mila entries, for example... just search my many blogs for her name lol). The lust is still strong, but the intellect thirsts for hearts expressing the reality of this life more than anything else these days and somewhere in her very brief existence this child has somehow found the stream of consciousness that I know as home.

There is a pop music version of this floating around in the internet, but this is the gold, the reason, the point.... on the internet.


Janet Devlin




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Incredible story there. What occurred after?
Thanks!

candoor said...

Wow, I'll have to ponder. Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Mental bookmark to return when less ADD and more ASK (whatever that means). Attention to task?