Saturday, December 29, 2018

Moving Day Approacheth

I would be asleep by now, but I was waylaid by Harpo, so the last to hours of packing up the last of the stuff here at Eb's didn't happen until after midnight. The only things not packed up are this computer and the table is sits on, the air mattress, and the food in the fridge. I forgot the coolers the past few days, so I may just put all the food into the last plastic box and with the ice packs it should be fine for the fifteen minutes (10-12 according to google) to the new place. Heck, the stuff makes it further from the supermarket to here in plastic bags without ice packs, after all. I am tired, but excited. The only queasy is the uncertainty of where I am sleeping tomorrow. I suppose I should just make the decision to flatten the air mattress in the morning and move out of here completely. If new roommate has an issue with me moving in two nights before the technical start of the month, well, I'd rather not think about living with someone like that. I kind of already do (Eb asked when I am moving out as if I should be gone already just because I said I might be out before the end of the month. I still think I gave him a month's deposit, but he says no and I buried the lease in a box somewhere... if I find it and he owes me the deposit back he will not be a happy camper, but then, he ought to know). I am obviously a bit irritated with "landlords" and the fact that new roommate still hasn't moved his stuff out of my bedroom closet, my hall closet, my bathroom cabinets, or any kitchen cabinets or space. I guess I'll just move his stuff out of the way and see if that's a problem for him. It didn't seem to be in the garage, but still, I shouldn't have to move his stuff out of my space. I give and want respect for space and stuff and he seems ambivalent, but hopefully we will find a balance once I am in there. Be honest, be real, tell each other how you feel.

One concern is his eight year old daughter who may be challenged by mommy and daddy living in separate houses and mommy sleeping with a new "daddy." Daddy being depressed doesn't help matters, but she came to stay over tonight and her toothbrush was in my bathroom, so he hasn't introduced the idea that daddy's bathroom is her bathroom now and that means my moving in displaces her, rather than getting her used to it before I move in. I really don't want to move her stuff from the bathroom, but I really do not want to share a bathroom, especially one as small as this one is. Since her bedroom door is two feet from my bathroom, I can see some awkward moments if I have to be the one to boot her out of there. Having to be dressed to go to the bathroom is one of the things I am compromising big time on. Having even less privacy when I need to use the bathroom just isn't what we agreed to. He's a trusting dad I suppose. I don't know if I'd so easily trust a strange man sleeping closer to my eight year old daughter than I do. Bathing five feet from her bed in the bathroom she's called hers when she wakes up and has to walk a lot futher. I guess he sees the best in people so I should like that cuz I used to be like that, but I've gotten so cynical in recent years.

Maybe living with a family of sad somewhat broken hearts who could benefit from positive energy will bring out mine again. There's always hope. :)

Middle of the night rambling is rather revealing, no doubt. Truth is my way. I mean no offense, I just want to figure out the best courses of action for everything I do with others and expressing the joys and frustrations f life in words is my way of doing that even when I have a partner in life, but being without said partner, words are all I have (queue BeeGees) :)

Honesty... it's the way to truth which is the way to peace and happiness.

Ignorance is only bliss on the surface. It is deadly inside.

So why haven't I gotten to the gym in a week plus?

Come on, someone point out my mistakes.

That's what friends are for.

In case it matters.

Narf :)

No comments: