Sunday, December 30, 2018

Wonderful Day

Just one sadness, but we'll not empower that, just focus on the wonderfulness. There are four entries in the brief daily blog that sum up the day and here, we shall elaborate on some more details (so read those four if you want to know what the details are about in case the details don't make complete sense without the basic telling of the day, m'ok?).

You may recall, if you are the diligent sort and read yesterday's entry, that, as my T-Shirt says, home is where the wifi is. I am making myself at home in my new home, lavishing the word home on it with great relish, if not a little fanfare. It is wonderful to have a home again after living like a refugee for almost three years and feeling quite homeless, even though I did have a room and a small box to sleep in.

This 2000 square foot home has so much space and there's so little in it. A couch, a matching chair and ottoman, and a cabinet in my living room (the couch and cabinet are supposed to move to the other living room any day now). A modest dining table, chairs, a china cabinets, are in the other living room now. I'm told the living room cabinet and the china cabinet are due to leave, the TV will be remounted on the wall of the other living room, and the couch will be moved in there as well (that is how the house was set up previously). I intend to put a recliner in my living room and down the road, new roommate said he wants one toowhich may go in here as I don't mind sharing. I may get a couch too. Being hopefully about continuing to live in a house, am I? You betcha I am. :)

Anyway, that's it outside of the bedrooms. So until the recliners and other couch is added, there's a whole lot of space. I may even have a game night or dinner once I get a table and chairs for guest to eat and play at. Maybe even have a party down the road. First, however, comes the unpacking, the moving, in, and the getting to know you phase with the new roommate.

So as I said in the first of the four briefer entries I wrote today, I slept on the couch and pillows last night, so I must be comfortable here sleeping on his couch and the floor of my bedroom. No bites that I've noticed, so not little biting critters, which is good news. There appears to be a new laptop on the couch tonight even though new roommate didn't spend any time in here. He left the TV on pause when we left to pic up the last of the storage stuff and it remains on pause now as he went into his room to rest, nap, and watched TV in his room after we got back.

I'll do my best not to read anything negative into him retiring to his bedroom the last two evenings or anything intentional in the placement of the laptop (he may not even know I slept on the couch as he was asleep when I moved from the chair to the couch to watch V and he was asleep when I woke around 5AM to head into my room. The hour was another reason I didn't blow up the air mattress, but it was so flat and compressed, I figured who blow it up again just for another few hours when I had all the pillows. Yes, seven pillows and more to come.

Yes, I like pillows. I like to be cushioned on all sides and use one between my knees. When I don't my upper outside quad can ache a bit until I walk around. It also keeps my spine aligned when I roll onto my side. There was a time I slept flat on my back without any pillows and barely moved all night. People used yo wonder if I died in my sleep when I was younger. Since getting on the diuretic (and perhaps aging and caving into emo-weakness or something like that), I find I prefer the side. I know I lose alignment and therein awareness and life by doing that, but that's life as a human these days even as I resisted on so many levels for so long. If you are not following, you may need to start at the beginning (and that link is not actually the earliest writing online and the earliest writing online is certainly not the beginning by a long shot, but it is a very good place to start even if any relation to whatever this paragraph may be about is nowhere to be found by the normal human eye in the babble that ensues should you click on the link.

What?

As noted in the second entry of the day, the new roommate has shown compatibility which is a wonderful plus that adds comfort and friendliness and positivity and potential to this new home. Neither of us particularly like or have any need for religion. We both regularly avoid the news and share similar disgust for the politicians in power today. Sharing expenses and space is preferred by both of us and he seems to be an honest person. We also share similar taste in music, though I likely have a much wider range. He doesn't know Harry and may not enjoy the emo as much as I do, but he does like Pink Floyd and Radiohead and Counting Crows and many others really like too. He also lost about the same number of pounds I did this year and needs to buy new clothes. Coincidences are wonderful when meeting someone walking a similar path for similar reasons with similar views.

Dinner was the sub from Firehouse for him, hot turkey, I believe. It smelled great in the truck. For me, a bit more cooking involved. Take out from Toojays was a stuffed cabbage, three small potato pancakes, and whitefish salad. I remembered that Toojays stuffed cabbage is often drier than I prefer and they don't put much sauce on it, so I asked for extra sauce. Then, slicing it open, I added the extra tomato sauce, onion dressing, vegetable spread, and ketchup. I sprayed the potato pancakes with vegetable oil after sprinkling them wit a bit of bacon powder. Broiled at 380 (though put them in when I turned on the oven so cooking times and temperature may vary lol) for thirty minutes (25 would have been better, but no major burning and seriously yummy). The whitefish salad was just as yummy, so celebratory dinner happened and then... Jeremiahs happened. I bought a medium size of chocolate, cherry, and pistachio and basked in the sugar euphoria of heaven on ice.

Or something like that.

Forget about the calories, starting January 2nd I cut back to under 1000 calories a day for the rest of the month, mostly. The goal of being under 170 pounds is not gone, it just went on hiatus for the holidays. I still am not tugging on and feel most comfortable in the 34 inch waist pant. Tomorrow I will be wearing the 36 inch waist pants because they are the clean ones I found most easily tonight and we shall see just how baggy they feel.

So as the third entry of the day pointed out, the first phase of the move is done. Everything has been transported to this new home. The second sage, the unpacking and moving in, began in earnest tonight. I wanted to share the excitement so I texted the text group and a few people (Tinman was one) sent positive words. I texted others too. Everyone responded positively except Jackson (the sad note mentioned at the start of this entry... let it go). Harpo called to set up his annual minute-after-midnight party and Tinman sent a text to the text group to let them know. Most may be asleep, but we shall see. Helen called and shared in the excitement of the unpacking for a while.

I hope Jackson is not guilt tripping or hurting. It is very strange that she is not communicating more at this most exciting and positive time of these last three years. I am doing my best to not hear the song it seems you only love me when it rains that may be playing somewhere in my mind. I just hope this move and my excitement is not in any way reason for her going silent. The wondering hurts, being an empath, but I am sadly very used to the people who matter most ignoring my highest highs. I can only accept the obvious fact that I don't understand the human concept of family and appreciate whatever I do receive.

So much for not going there.

The shower was wonderful, though I did not take complete advantage of the hotness of the water and I did not make the bathroom my own just yet. One step at a time. The hours pass, I have work in the morning, and I definitely needed a shower. The new Waterpik dual action variable power massaging shower head was worth the price. The only flaw is the grip, all chrome. grips for large sower heads should be part rubber and ribbed. Still, the luxury of hot water and cleanliness and comfort and privacy, amazing even in the cramped space (narrow tub) and I shall make it my home this week.

For now, I really must get to bed. My bed. Fresh linens. What am I doing here sitting up and writing? lol.

More tomorrow, for now... it's a wonderful life and may you feel it too. :)

Narf :)


No comments: