Monday, October 17, 2016

Long Busy Day

Getting sufficient sleep is not underrated. Again last night I went to bed at a reasonable hour and slept at least eight hours. Seemed better than most nights. I woke relaxed and took my time getting excited (and slightly stressed) over the interview scheduled for this morning. I was able to review typical questions for this particular position (Child Protective Investigator) and felt confident and relaxed by the time I got to the state offices. The interview went well, in fact, the program manager remarked more in the affirmative and a few times repeated one of the phrases in one of my answers, the third time adding that was a notable phrase and she is definitely going to remember it. I joked that there's no charge if she also remembers me and the room laughed. There were two interviewers, the manager and a senior investigator.

Many signs point to an offer, but it'll likely take a couple or few weeks as it is a state position. The signs were not just positive feedback and the manager concluding that I definitely had the right approach and skills for the job, but the paperwork included all the new hire paperwork an organization gives after they decide to hire someone. Things the organization has to pay for like screenings and internal set ups (computer access forms, car insurance stipend forms, and other new hire forms only needed by employees). Hopefully the state just doesn't waste money, paper, and man-hours on every single applicant.

I spent the rest of the day driving around following up on requirements. Peed into a cup for the drug test, scheduled a fingerprint screening for tomorrow, called my auto insurance carrier to switch my auto insurance to business use (which is $355 more a year out of my pocket so I hope they either hire me or let me know I can cancel that increase quick), and running back and forth to the print place to fax and print and copy cuz I don't have a fax or printer or copier home or available nearby. And a few other things.

It was a full day of running around and even without food (ok, two carrots for dinner and a yogurt snack a few minutes ago), I felt no noticeable fatigue. I headed home for the evening and relaxed a bit before the late game and am just returning from softball. We lost to a really good team 15-6 and though they hit pretty well, we made a whole lot of errors, mostly because they hit the ball so hard.

So it was certainly a long busy day, two carrots.

Life is good. :)

No comments: