Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Stalling or What?

Given that this laptop crashes into a blue screen if it idles for more than a few minutes (I have not tested to predict an exact time from yet), I have two choices when I walk away from the laptop. I can put it to sleep or I can put on a video or internet TV and hope that doesn't create a kernel error or something else like it which leaving the streaming running may have done before.

So I started watching Timeless and now, I am... well... watching... and commenting...

This does not bode well for the tasks I intended to get done today.

Ok, so 35 people who were supposed to die in 1937 did not die and one person from 2016 carrying a 2016 weapon died in 1937. The question now is what differences will they bring into 2016? Guess nobody found the 2016 weapon as they searched the Hindenberg crash site (illogical).

Wearing makeup from 2016 when going back in time might be a critical error.

The flying paper gag was cute, if only the ridiculousness of even having paper that could fly around in a room that should be a spotless as a laboratory was not evident to anyone versed in science. It should be an isolation chamber with a decontamination chamber between the world and the time machine. It's not as if disease from the past that we no longer innoculate for couldn't tag along with our heros on the way back.

They had 2016 fireworks in 1861?

Ok, I lost interest in critiquing the story and continuity errors. On the other subjects, in fact, and now for something completely different.
Question: Why should the country change directions in policy and in actions?

Answer: War, bullying, and buying cooperation are not long term resolutions to anything, nor are they likely to result in sustained human life on this planet.

What should be changed/done?

Answer: Leading promotion of a greater awareness of how peaceful cooperation is the best way sustain life on this planet for the long term. Acting like a good parent, role model, and friend, but an abusive partner is what we and this world needs from a leader.

Meanwhile, in other affairs... how about them Cubbies? :)

What details? Oh, real life? Well, I finally decided on tires after doing more research online. Hours on the internet and I decided on Pirelli tires over the Michelins. Tomorrow I will be going with Pirelli P-Zero All Season Plus 215/45 R17 91W XL BSW and paying $130 a tire even though they can be had for less online. I just got tired of shopping and went to the closest place that had these tires. Anout $375 for two mounted with TPMS, lifetime balancing and rotation, road hazard, mounting, and installation.

I spoke with the local car dealer where I bought the car and with Toyota Corporate and the news was not good. I also found out it costs $169 to upgrade the maps in the car Navigator, a Toyota rip-off since a Garmin or Tom Tom can be purchased with more useful features and lifetime map updates for that price. If they would have told me that it would cost $169 a year to keep the maps up to date I would not have bought the expensive navigation package. Don't trust Toyota.

The disappointing conversation with Toyota lead me to talk to a company called Safeguard and I found out I have three types of insurance with them, but no road hazard on the tires. Another failure by the Toyota dealership as that would have been a reasonable expense that would have saved me hundreds now.

I did a few other things, applied for another job, and I watched some TV... then headed to Curly's for card night. I broke down and ate pizza there and worse for the health plan, stopped for a quesadea on the way home.I feel my food will power at a very weak low ebb again and it's been more than a week now. Sometimes the whole self-discipline thing can be a real big mess. Alone.

Still, it turns me on.

Narf :}


No comments: