Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Highs and Lows, Simultaneously

So we eat a strange cheesy quiche thing, and drink chocolate.

When you look for distraction, that s when it is hardest to find. I may be up all night, which would be suicide, or steps toward it, because I've been exhausted and nodding off earlier and over the last few weeks exhaustion has been increasing to levels it has not been in years, or longer. I have caffeine for tomorrow. Hopefully the heart will survive. Over-dramatic? Let's hope so. I wonder if someone would get through to me anymore if someone cared enough to try. I'm watching Supergirl and enjoying the distraction of her body. I would love to see more of her body. Sometimes yummy food and chocolate are not enough.

Earlier tonight, the fatigue another ticket from another pissy overnight shift cop, City of Lake Mary variety. Give a little man power and they piss on people. So many little men can't deal with their shortness without being a pissed off fuck power-tripping their way through life. The speed trap was a quick change to 40 when the rest of the road is 45 and there he was, waiting. The City of Lake Mary wants to pretend to be upscale, but it's as small town hicksville as any southern town and tonight's cop proved that. I ignore it well, but tonight the pissy little power-tripper power-tripper got under my skin for a moment.

What pisses me off more is getting caught in a seed trap. I was tired and not paying attention, burning out from working too many hours, and this softball game is for work and I am doing them a favor because they lost four players and their only pitcher on the first night of game one. I wouldn't have been driving this route if I wasn't doing work a favor.

Shake it off, call the Clerk of Courts tomorrow and find out what to do to take care of it without getting points on the license.

Next victim.

I did get to play ore softball. Way to ruin a great mood though, after playing well. Tuesday softball is back and I struck out six, and in three at bats, I went 2 for 2 with a two-base walk, knocked in three of our seven runs, and scored once. If people could run there would have been more runs on my hits. If people listened or knew what to do in the batters box, we might have won. most players swung on 3-1 counts, at least ten times in a six inning game, even as I explained why that is not a good move, especially when the other pitcher is struggling. Only one was a hit. Meanwhile, even as I explained the rules and reminded the coach while he was making the lineup, the coach put two girls together and two guys together, so we had an automatic out every other inning. A couple of batters are automatic outs by themselves, striking out each time their got up. Ah, we play everyone who shows up, so winning isn't everything. I had fun and got some exercise and everyone else seemed to as well.

So now I am writing and want to give myself time because I am pissing away more than a full day's take-home pay on a ticket and need to call the clerk to find out how not to get points on my license. If I could resolve it tonight I've let it go, but the ticket says I must contact the clerk if I want to go to school and not get the points.

Or I might just forget...

Narf :)


No comments: