Saturday, December 29, 2018

Dancing With Joy

Yes, the head will touch the pillow in a new place tonight and the challenges of space, cleanliness, and all the other things I do not need to remember in detail (at least not while I am celebrating) are gone. Wonder of wonders, but it really was no miracle, it was just patience and good timing. Three years of waiting was hopefully worth it. Time will tell, but the first day and evening is going very well since I am watching his TV in my living room (he hasn't moved anything to his side of the house yet) and I found one of my favorite shows that I ave not seen in at least two years.

Orphan Black is simply a m a z i n g fun. I'll be typing and celebrating in words for a while, so I will watch all of these again, but for now, I listen and glance up and enjoy the wonder of multiple personality clones. Big fan here. Tatiana Maslany is a m a z i n g ! (yes, exclamation point).

So here I sit in the living room, my living room in the two living room house, in my comfy desk chair (until I go out and buy a recliner), legs up on a pillow that sits on a box at the right level (the ottoman needs cleaning, sanitizing, and possibly discarding after years in storage). One folding table sits to my left with snacks (chocolate chip cookies and cream filled pastries) and a drink (chocolate milk). Another folding table sits to my right where the laptop will go when I want to get up. The iPhone is snuggled up tucked in it's phone stand on the lapdesk where it is also charging, the lapdesk light illuminates the keyboard, and as I may have mentioned casually above, the TV is playing season 3 of Orphan Blank, finally, catching up I've been waiting for begins.

For your reading pleasure, I will be typing and celebrating in words (as I mentioned above), at least until by butt says I should get off it. I don't mean that to be a double entendre, by the way. Moving right along, this Saturday night is a wonderful night to be eating the yummy extra cheese pizza I cooked up as the first meal here. Granted, it was a Digiorno base, defrosted, with two kinds of meatballs (bacon and veal) and a bit of extra tomato sauce (onion garlic) and multiple cheeses (mozzarella, five cheese Italian blend, and grazed parmesan) with some extra seasoning (garlic, bacon) and baked 30-35 minutes at 380 on an aluminum pizza tray. Yummy, seriously, and it will be reheated too. Cooking (sort of), amazing, huh?

More amazing in the moment is the new space itself. Far from perfect (let me count the flaws... oven and fridge are in desperate need of cleaning, kitchen sink does not have enough water pressure to wash a dish, bathroom, living room, kitchen cbinets, hallway closet, and kitchen pantry closet have not made room for me yet... and he asked about rent today. I wonder if my spaces will be mine come the first of the month or if I'll have to clear the spaces and move his stuff out myself like I've been doing in the half of the garage that is mine... ah, but the pro so override the cons and I won't be fulling moved in until tomorrow and I technically am not paying rent until, well, I'll stop at the bank and give him rent tomorrow and see if that accelerates the shift of space a bit more... could be he's just being lazy and procrastinating and there's no intention of bogarting space and not sharing the house as he said he would), but still so much better than the last space it is wonderful.

After all, the new roommate, who still doesn't have a blog name (in case you didn't notice), helped move the last of the stuff out of Eb's place this morning, so he's followed through on that one at least. I'm probably just being impatient because I am so excited to have space again. I sorted the stuff a bit and then as I said above (am I getting repetitive?... probably because I am pausing a lot to watch and listen to the TV show I mentioned a couple of times, cooked up a meatball pizza. A fifteen minute trip to the neighborhood Walmart that is a minute drive around the corner for extra cheese and impulsive desserts (I do believe I mentioned those above to lol) and chocolate milk and what a yummy (high calorie) pizza meal (and desserts, did I mention desserts?0 I made in a clean over in a clean kitchen in a clean house.

Yessiree Bob, I am enjoying the luxury of the space by just vegging here tonight. I should put the shower head I bought on the shower and use it tonight. Building the bathroom will definitely mean getting an over the toilet tank shelf unit cuz the bathroom is tiny. Once he gets his stuff out of there, I'll unpack a box for under the sink stuff and finally put my soaps and bathroom stuff in the bathroom. Did I mention he's a smoker? Outside, apparently. I haven't smelled tobacco in the house or in the garage and hopefully that won't change or I'll just have to start farting more lol. Hey, we all have our vices. Mine, though, it a health issue I have less control over than smokers do theirs. I think I've been avoiding this. I've written off every profile that said "outsde smoking ok" . I'll move some stuff into the front hallway closet as soon as he empties that. Tomorrow, new roommate helps move the stuff from storage in here and I start building the bedroom around the actual bed. Then, I shop for a recliner and build the living room around that, as soon as he moves his stuff into the other living room.

So not perfect, potential challenges, but think positive and enjoy this perfectly wonderful tonight.

The cat wants attention.

I'm back. Poor cat can't figure out how to climb up on the reclining desk chair I sit on and the pillow on a box ottoman is too wobbly for her, so she laid at my feet a while and then moved back to the ottoman she apparently likes. Meanwhile, I made heated up some pizza and enjoyed it with chocolate milk, followed by more dessert. Did I mention I also impulsively bought chocolate whipped cream? Oh yeah, I splurged on the calories tonight.

The new roommate went out for the evening and returned with a friend. They went into his room to hang out and went outside several times to smoke cigarettes. I Still didn't smell it in the house, I think. I wonder what he does on rainy days or nights. Anyway, I reminded him he is free to change the channel several times and offered them pizza and dessert, but they didn't partake of anything. Not sure if they just wanted privacy or if I was in the way. When he walked her out, she didn't look at me as I waved, so I don't know how to read that. I encouraged him to turn on anything he wanted to watch again and he said he will. I did not retire to my room because this is supposed to be my living room, after all.

So anyway back to my celebration.

As symbolic as it is real, I changed the home address in the iPhone and maps will no longer take me to that tiny little dirty place I could not call home without gagging. Love your heart Eb, but you really don't know how to share space. Or be clean. Anyway, This is home now. Changing the phone was seriously emo. I sit here basking in the space, vegging because I want to take the move in slow so I don't rush the new roommate. The next big step will be the shower.

Orphan Black continues on the TV.

Did I mention the first poop happened already? That is a sure sign of comfort. It flowed smoothly after almost being a stain in the underwear, but it wasn't. I was surprised there was no pain or strain after the pizza and chocolates and milk, but it seems that I've found the balance of laxatives. I forgot how much gas I pass after pigging out and taking the laxatives. Luckily I have my Fabreze nearby lol. The cat is curled up and sleeping a few feet away on the ottoman again. Relaxing in a comfortable clean spacious living seems to be having a jovial effect on my affect. So new home, first time I feel at home at all in almost two years, maybe three years. Bed, recliner, unpacking, and moving in still to come. Baby steps can be such big changes :)

Narf :)


No comments: