Sunday, December 23, 2018

I Will Not Go Quietly

There is truth and profundity all through the blogs, even if most of it is tongue and cheek or semi-intentionally obscured by random tangients and asides. I will not go quietly into the night of the ignorance and stupidity chosen by most people as the norm for themselves and humanity. Remembering, for better or worse, a time when I was nearing the end (and yes, pretty nigh on to wasted as Eric sang), but for reasons we may never know, I returned to the point of the two entries linked here, just over a two year journey in time, and even updated those entries ever so slightly because typos said so) and who knew this little laptop (like the little engine that could, only with a lot more obstacles, frustrations, and complaints due to Lenovo and Microsoft greed, poor planning, fraud, and mismanagement, but that's another long tale of woe oft mentioned, poorly tech supported, and never resolved) would still be here churning out entries after two years.

Whatever are we rambling on about, aye?

Well, if you clicked on the three links above and the several entries between the first and the last, you may have a clue and if you don't choose to be clueless (even if most people in the world do, then maybe we are close to being on the same page... peer pressure is a bitch, isn't it?). Decembers are so often months of traumatic upheavals and scarcity for some and joy and plenty for others. The rampant ignorance chosen by most when it comes to the pathetic dichotomy of life as a human seldom ceases to amaze me, even as I too become complacent.

Last night I saw a fairly well dressed obese woman and child outside of a upper-middle class supermarket in a upscale neighborhood with sign asking for money to help with her kid's Xmas. As jaded as I have become, the image startled me and I am puzzled at the memory as I do not recall exactly what the sign said but the image stuck. They obviously have enough money for decent quality warm clothing and enough food to be quite fat, fatter than Trump, even, but there they are begging. What a wonderful country we live in today.

Canada is too cold, Northern Australia would be an option to try, but national border red tape, money, and staying close to Jackson are reasons to remain where I am in this world. Even eliminating two of the three, the third is not something I can change enough to make it happen. So anyone who flippantly (or angrily) popped off with "love it or leave it" mostly likely has no clue of what they, or I, am talking about, which would be typical for the ignorance chosen by most in this country today.

So I rolled the dice (back to the initial thread of this entry after the pathos and stupidity and news of the world so rudely interrupted, for example), and here we are, more than two years later, lost in another December of frolic and folly. If we look back closer to the precise two year mark (or one, for that matter), we can find similar despair (and distractions, no doubt) in the entries over the past month or so (choose from many, but ok, maybe not this bad, sheesh), especially before the new place to live was found and the slow drag of the move with the new propane risk, I mean, it's always something, right Rozanne? Actually, the move is probably what is bringing on this slight retrospection, in fact, in case it matters or you wondered or something. We coulda been contenders, ya know?

Anyway, it you follow the links (what links, aye?) within the links to blogs seldom visited, you will always find the hope that lives even in the deepest despair, even if it's many links deep, if you want to. Memories hold the wonderland that keeps me sane and hopeful. There is life, there is hope and considering the random anniversary of this entry alone two years, we've come a long way.

And who knows where the road (or links) might take us next, aye? :)

Sometimes, the dream is expressed in the song that comes fro the journey through retrospection and we can just say wow on our minds as hope soars as we listen and learn.

and even if I like Karen's version a whole lot better than this, in my journey today I find new singers to love...



I will find time to check her out more (especially when I am in a jazzy bluesy mood... first impression, cool, but she needs to get off her high heals and let the music move her more.... jazz is not supposed to be stiff. Everybody's a critic, ya know?) :)

Did someone say next?

Yes, well, if we follow the path this entry is semi-obviously on, we find that as this daily babbling blog comes upon the turn of it's third new year (really?... three years have passe since this latest merry go round of living like a refugee started? What a life, aye? lol. Anyway, two years ago this week another major change came around as I interviewed for the current job I am enjoying and this week I prepare for the move into the new space with a new roommate and in many ways, another new chapter of life.

And the excitement continues to build, no doubt (again) :)

So even as this computer threatens to crash (due to Lenovo-Microsoft greed and failures) and I just shut down most of the tabs which stops (or at least drastically alters and shortens) the journey this was on, it's a good day.

Heck, I've been linking the brief blog, anyway, and I didn't even get to begin retrospecting this babbling blog you are reading.

Maybe later lol. Time to get some moving done.

Narf :)

No comments: