Saturday, December 14, 2019

Another Day, Another Dump

Life could be measured in bowel movements, I suppose, or on a large scale, landfills, but that probably wouldn't look good on the face of a clock, so numbers was a good choice. I woke early, peed, took my vitamins, drank some water, then laid back down. The bowels suggested I get back up shortly thereafter and all went well, so I rinsed and laid back down. A noise asked for my attention, so I went to investigate and found nothing, but before laying back down I gathered some dirty laundry and put it in the washer. I then laid back down again.

Somehow I ended up here. I wrote a bit, wandered Facebook a bit (and while I wanted to react to Jackson's posts and other things, like events I was invited to {Jackson's "wall" is the only one I actually visit, maybe once or twice a month, and I visit mine sometimes when I visit hers, but that's the extent of my FBing other than glancing through the top twenty or so notifications}, or some of the notifications, particularly about my pages... today I actually looked at the news feed for the first time in maybe a year or more. I wanted to stop following people Facebook automatically makes me follow just because I aid yes to a friend request... forced following is stupid, Facebook). Between all that and the slow computer and the volume of data FB sends and gets back, each page takes up to 30 seconds to load, often longer, and I feel like I've wasted most of the time I spend there). I nodded off a few times waiting for pages to load, so this morning was no exception. Maybe this guy can explain it better, but for me, the FB experience sucks before I even get to actually see that the actual Facebook experience sucks. Tech, corporate greed, and the unwanted content combine to keep me away.

You ought know that by now, in case you look for me there.

Nodding off for brief moments throughout the day, this entry paused too many times to be uploaded in the morning when it started or the afternoon as it slowly dripped out of the mind, so it's after midnight, but I am leaving the last known time stamp just so Saturday can have it's entry as the title pretty much suggests consecutive days and all. Time is malleable like that in blogs, ya know. Relative, too.

Yesterday, or whenever this was, I was almost getting somewhere with soe focus, but mostly I've been wandering (meandering, even) rather aimlessly though the gardens as fatigue spreads and sleep deprivation creates a lot of voids in the flow. Still, as I am reminding yet again right here, I want to remember to sing my songs more often than I have. Personalize the therapy that words and music, songs, can be. Let the songs take me where I need to go. Like they used to, maybe If I can get back to where I once belonged once again.

Do you read me?

I tried napping all day and exhaustion is winning as I should have showered and gotten to Izzy's part on time, but no, I was late. No offense meant, no offense taken, and I got there in time for the gift exchange. Once again, I gave and did not receive, but that's ok. I was surprised that Sarducci, who got there a lot later than I did, didn't even acknowledge me when Tinman passed the gift I received to him and I told him he'd enjoy it a lot more than I would. It was a Hallmark collector's Christmas tree ornament from the Star Wars collection and I'm not into it, but he's pretty much a fanatic. He seems upset with many of his friends these days, but I'm not enabling his depression or blaming others for his failures, so I just ignore the rudeness and still enjoy the gift of giving. Narcissists are rarely satisfied and there's not much anyone can do to please them, so accepting him as he is makes the most sense when he comes out.

Tinman and his daughter were there, as were Harpo, Seashell, Polly and her parents, Sally, and almost fifty others. Too much food, almost all starches and sweets, as usual. Te heavily overweight outweighed (no pun intended, actually) the not overweight by a lot, in fact the seriously obese was the largest group, when looking at the people by weight. The BMI chart would have exploded. That is not the kind of influence I need as I age, so I really must limit my time with these groups and find a close friend who is a healthier influence. When this is what I come away with, I am not sure going to the arty is healthy for me on any level, but they are friends for more than 10 years and they are good people and most of all, I care about them.

After the festivities (food and gift exchanges, which was, as usual, unnecessary for me as I was not hungry (but ate some food anyway) and I gave away the gift I received, as I said), Harpo, Seashell, Tinman, and I played Fact or Crap and then Scattergories, both chose by Seashell. I couldn't hear the others during the first game, so I had an unfair disadvantage, but I joined in and came in second to Seashell. I won both rounds of the second game, scoring 34 and 30, respectively. I was surprised as my brain was definitely not rapid firing tonight.

Stopping at the Post Office for the first time in many months, I found toll by plate invoices from August and I hope my registration and license haven't been affected yet. I'll call tomorrow, or Monday if they are closed tomorrow, and straighten out whatever I owe them. Hopefully the administrative fees and penalties won't be too bad. That's what I get for taking toll roads out of state and out of town. A ton of other ail was there as well, including spices I ordered months ago, and I'll look through the rest tomorrow. Mental note - check PO box more often. Yup.

Arriving home, I used the potty and showered a bit and came here to sit and finished this entry. Now that we've caught up with some of the DDD, I am not going to let my mind wander where it will do, wherever that is, because I have an early call for softball practice in the morning. I need to be out of here by 8:00 AM, so I must get this body to sleep. I am still sharing right?

Mae life fun, please. Even more, make life healthy fun, please.

And love each other, and show it, please.

It is your choice.

Narf :)







No comments: