Saturday, October 7, 2017

Fantasy Loneliness

I used to enjoy the fantasy football because Jackson and I played together, but now that we don't talk and barely communicate at all, it's just a lonely game I don't even want to play.

To simplify things, Houston and Detroit and the LA Raiders should shut out their opponents this week and Philadelphia and Arizona scored more than 100 points between them, evenly divided. That would give me a good chance of winning this week's fantasy football match up in spite of Gronk sitting on the bench. Yes, the best tight end in football is one again injured and he's still in my lineup and because he played on Thursday it is too lake to replace him. I really must remember to check my team (and people wonder why I am not on Facebook more often. How do people fit so much online time into their lives?).

I think that might be a rhetorical question.

Anyway, alas, once again, for the fifth week in a row, I forgot to set my fantasy lineup. Somehow, even after the first four weeks of neglect, my fantasy football team is 3-1. That is somewhat amazing given I'm in a league with very competitive seasoned fantasy players who check their teams and the free agent list and the weekly stats like vultures ready to swoop in on any available player with any hope of shining in fantasy points. My success is surprising. Thank you Todd Gurley. Somebody please wake up LeSean McCoy. And paging Brandon Marshall. AJ Green may have started waking, but a bust out game has yet to happen. Matt Ryan is wobbling. Besides Gurley, my points are coming from the New England Tight End and Kicker. Not the recipe for a winning season.

But I am 3-1 and hope for this week to be another minor miracle.

So what else is new?

Loneliness is certainly not new, but a resurgence has rising from the pounding it gives my subconsciousness and the return to Diaryland shows how deep it (as in the rabbit hole, ya know) goes. So lonesome I could die still plays loud and clear in the corners of my mind. Comments to DLand friends are telling.

You?

No comments: