Friday, December 23, 2016

You Must Remember This...

I have no idea what you must remember, actually. I know that John Doe, the TV series, is stupid. Plastic characters and contrived story lines and over-dramatic writing, acting, staging, and editing (and way too much use of the pregnant pause). The show is an insult to intelligence. I always hold out hope for a surprise I couldn't see coming, but this one just continues to provided more stupidity each episode. Like Seattle's climate mirrors the climate on Mars lol. The main character was written as the most ridiculously emo, pathetically stupid leading character I've seen in any show in this lifetime. That makes him very challenging to like. He has one of the greatest advantages, an intellectual super power, yet he acts helpless and over-reacts to the point of destructive stupidity. His need to talk to himself all the time hurts him, those around him, and the story. Human ego and emotion out of control, stupid.

I seriously doubt that is what you must remember, but the show is on background TV at the moment, so it grabbed some attention. There are videos and websites below that were left over from the previous entry and they may or may not be what you must remember, but they definitely are not definitely what you must remember. They are, however, going to be part of this entry because they are left over from the previous entry (some may even be repeated) and that is often how entries develop (for a long long time, even), with inspirations (many thousands, even), whether leftover or newly stumbled upon, that lead to more inspirations and distractions and who knows what else. Maybe that's what you must remember.

The way of the babble.

Only maybe.


One thing I always think of when I hear the phrase (or just think of it) is love. You know, like the song from Casablanca, the fundamental things apply. Like you must remember that love is all you need... that love is everything... that i believe in love... that i need to be in love... that (song after song, did you know each one?). Remember how to love. Remember how to fall in love. Remember the dream of true love, perfect love, and how the purpose of living is to find a way to make the dream come true. Yeah, that is something to remember. And the waking up part is important because as Harry said, if you just dream wen you're asleep there is no way for them to come alive... to survive. Remember to wake up to remember the dream to remember.

Could be the good (or sweet, even) life is not all it's cracked up to be, but we could be something if we only shared. Yeah, the links lead to magic if you want them to and that is another thing you must remember, if you want it to. Thanks Melissa.

Even in future times.

The tinnitus is getting worse and worse (I mean,not just worse, but worse and worse, ya see... isn't launguage amusing?) and it will likely be the next step in my medical progression as I see care for the ailments and challenges this body presents to me. Sometimes it wakes me, often it distracts me, almost every day I wake with that underwater sensation and hearing diminishes bit by bit (not just a bit, but bit by bit, right).

Since we are touching upon the daily life, after I watched this webinar and searched for more jobs and checked emails and sent out more resumes and applications and then I went to the government mandated health care website and tried to register, again, and again, they would not let me. I called the help number and after 20 minutes I was back at the start and gave up. If they penalize me, they have to squeeze blood out of a stone. I followed all of their instructions and sent my social security card and my drivers license - so identity thieves must love the site. The government is a more invasive big brother with every passing year. All the political partisanship and paranoia about government tyranny and registering aliens and every citizen is required to register in the health care govermnent database. Corporate government is happening right under our noses and we are the ones voting for it.

Shifting gears to the web world again, I wandered my old diaryland babbling place (as the previous homage inspired by a locked diary might have suggested) and after reading a sad lonely entry from one of my old friends from there, I responded with this:

You're a strange one, Mr. Raven (somehow thew song from How the Grinch stole Xmas popped into my head as I clicked on the note link and arrived here). I shall resist the loneliness and longing in your entry because I hover on the edge of that abyss myself too often these days (it's been a rather horrifying year, on many fronts... and not so great in the backs either), but damned those torpedoes and full speed into a headwind of fantasy and irreverence and distraction and whatever else comes along. I'm in Orlando, feel free to stop by. I hear there's a holiday weekend coming up. I shall return now to my babbling (perhaps I never left) and my seven decade mission to explore new worlds and boldly go where no man has gone before all the while attempting to be so adorably nonchalant that no one sees my casual desperation and someone stumbles into this life I loosely call mine to fit the broken puzzle piece that I am. I seem to continue to successfully amuse myself with words and music when the distraction of internet TV does not hold my attention, so pardon my laughter (it is self-directed) as I wish you hope and motivation to believe in better days and cuz that is all I've got and from my perspective, it's all I need. I want so much more, but as Gilda Radner said in a faux-film a long time ago, "dreams are like paper, they tear so easily..." and I too love to play. May you find something to amuse you, if not someone. Lucky are those who find words their playground. Back to my dreams.


I have no idea why I found Canada so amusing, but there was a whole lot of mockery somewhere along my journey through the web world last night. Odd I only saved one link cuz that was one of the least funny mockeries of them all, but hey, it was a fine distraction I got myself into. Not sure what this is, but it was part of the journey. It was a memorable journey, but this entry just goes to show that memories often (usually, in fact) hold much more than the artifacts of the experience.

Bringing this entry around to it's obvious conclusion (obvious being either sarcasm or an understatement, depending on your perspective), the final scene of the 21st episode of that show, John Doe, finally intrigued me and opened up some interesting (if predictable) possibilities and as expected from TV creatives (one of the best oxymorons around), it was the final episode. I would not recommend this show and would not have watched it, even as background noise, if I knew it was what it is. Rarely has that ever been my opinion of a show, but without an amazing third season with much better writers who give characters much more interesting depth and actors who can do better, which isn't happening, it's gone.

Hulu gave me Standoff next and while I think the formula is going to get old fast, I like the characters better in the first episode than I did in all 21 episodes of that last show I just watched. After a few episodes, it is getting better on every level and it would definitely be a show I recommend and would watch as a weekly series. Go figure though, this one was cancelled after one season of 18 episodes. TV creatives, oxymoron, they have no clue what an audience will buy into - though the crisis negotiator premise does get old fast so maybe 18 was enough.

So what have you been doing with your time?

No comments: