Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Apple

Ok, so I decided to take an unscheduled break from work and the game (so many entries are in draft state and somewhere in them the explanation of the game will be found, but for now, it's the latest phone game I've become quite addicted to and is the single biggest reason so many entries are in draft mode and so much time has passed without more uploads into the written gardens, but we can get to that and a lot more at some other time so we might actually get an entry {like maybe this one, even} uploaded today, m'ok?) and look at the pending comments for the last daily blog that technically stopped being a daily in 2016 and the first find inspired this (which became a blog post as the ever hopeful realm of real and imaginary communications in these ever-expanding written gardens continues) and now, becomes the babble you see before you (and are about to dive into, perhaps even without chocolate).

I must have been crazy to write that on an unscheduled day home from work.

The food was impulsive and high calorie (after a much needed relative pause, yesterday) and delicious and I might even write about it and link it here someday. The usual pizza, eggplant parm, and added a sweet sloppy je meat parm dish and five strips of bacon with the creme filled chocolate chip cookies I love and iced chocolate cashew milk (and a few double crunch zesty cheese ruffles chips {a new fav} and a bit of dip as an appetizer while cooking). But we won't elaborate on the culinary arts and crafts and the science of taste buds and chemicals in the brain just now, especially since I have at least 25 browser windows open and waiting for their chance to influence the babbling (remember the days when I wasn't working or gave up whole nights of sleep and blathered on and on about whatever popped into view? See links in this one (which is just a sliver of a mention of what used to be, but it was uploaded today so modern love or something like that). The answer is still blowing in some wind somewhere, but with climate change, the answer may not be as pleasant as we'd like it to be.

Anyway, deeper and deeper into the anyways we go as asides are abounding within each other so far along that I've already left at least a dozen loose threads that could have been babbling entries along the way. I hpe not to let the day fly by without getting one full-babble entry into the gardens online because, after all, what are unscheduled days off good for if not deep self-indulgence? Getting the car serviced so the needs maintenance light turns off?

Sweet irresponsibility, of how thy juices invigorate.

Meanwhile, a song is calling me based on a search for a few words from another song that will wait for further elaboration at a later moment but you can find clues in the just previously mentioned and linked as some sort of sliver cuz the first song that came up is one I've not heard, but the lyrics remind me of the deths of despair and loss I've known and while I am very healed in many ways, there are permanent scares and open wounds that will never heal in my heart cuz that's the way I am. The song, once played, was slightly disappointing as the singer is overdoing (sounds a bit like a screamer from a heavy metal band trying to do a sentimental ballad and I've never been into the monotone screamer sound or excessively violent music, though I know there are some very talented people who need to scream a lot more than most melodies can tolerate, but then there are people who prefer music that is not easy to listen to and it is better to release their emotions through that avenue than in some other violent way).

So I decided to listen to the entire album (and I absolutely love youtube and the sharing creativity and inspirations and giving world it can help create, but then, I love nuclear, genetic, and brain science too... and math, so geek this Merge Dragons and the like) and the first song confirms my initial impression and the second continues, but the third song mellows out enough to keep me wanting to listen to the whole CD. Pop music of every genre has become, maybe always has been, quite repetitive lyrically. I supposed not everybody wants to take the time to be Harry Chapin or actually poetic for more than a few lines. When screaming or rapid-firing words in almost every song, how many people are listening to the meaning of the words, anyway? Reading lyrics, however, can really open the eyes to the poets in every genre, including trash, trash, rash (mixing rap in), and all that noise for cash stuff.

Depression and trauma are no places I want to wallow in or even visit much anymore, which is one big reason I got out of the health care field after all those years in psychiatric hospitals (and there too are many long stories, some told, some to be told, and many never to be told to anyone but the one... cuz there's always hope, I know, ya know?). The forth song is almost a commercial for big pharma. I commend Brian for pouring it out into the music.

Sad to think so many think pills are the answer.

I accept they are for some. Just not for me. For me chemicals are recreation, not medication, but then, that does not change the physical processes too much, just the perspective. Though we must take into account that some say perspective is everything.

Isn't it?

So anyway, after a brief impulsive shopping trip and some remind me to insert link for the word "cooking", eating with the TV on (there's a blog title without a doubt), Blindspot, episode 19, season 4... I typed Blondspot at first, Freud would love it, Fred too... have I mentioned Fred lately?... have I even introduced him? Oh, for now, I'll just leave him hanging as a tease and tell you to ask Harpo), indulging the refined sugar-chocolate monster a bit while listening to heavy metal (a longer blog title perhaps... I don't know what Freud or Fred might say, you can ask), and now watching a video called Hurricane which is a great idea - introducing the band... and this heavy metal critic is officially won over big time, with chills, even... almost goose bumps), and the super emo-heavy metal distraction of I Prevail (ironic band name, given it was chosen before their first album and personal crash and burn {literally} and resurrection), where were we?

THIS!

M'ok?

I think.

Yes, so yesterday after vegetating with the video game on the phone for hour after hour until the day was gone and I didn't get the nap I stayed home for and then played a good game of softball, pitching almost lights out and hitting in the winning run which felt good and wired me to write so I went back to the roots of the last ten years, the most recent family experience I've known (and still hoping it doesn't end like every other one has in spite of almost every sign point to it never really began and it was never more than an illusion to begin with, like all the others) and complete an entry in the previous daily blog that began on my birthday (the entry, not the blog, though I think the blog began somewhere near my birthday, though more than ten years ago, but that's another tangent with many more potential fruits... maybe that is why I am enjoying the mindless mental distractions of Merge Dragons so much, but that's another entry, or blog, for that matter) and was finally uploaded late last night, I returned to it because it still doesn't seem near complete enough to let it be and after adding a bit more, was distracted by awaiting comments, which brings us to this entry (omg, finally! aye? lol lam lab laa laa laa).

So the first awaiting comment (there are more than a dozen) brought us to this:

On JANUARY 12, 2019 AT 9:46 AM, Anonymous said...
I'm really enjoying the theme/design of your site.
Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility
issues? A couple of my blog readers have complained
about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari.
Do you have any solutions to help fix this issue?

So then, at JUNE 4, 2019 AT 8:11 AM candoor said...
Hello Anonymous (I'd give you a number, like Anonymous # 724189361242, but I have not been counting, so it would be arbitrary... might be fun though... could be confusing if you are the same Anonymous who left one of the other 7,241,189,361,242 anonymous comments on my blogs over the years... do I exaggerate?... should I suggest you try to find all of them and count yourself?... would it complicate things to let you know that I do not publish them all?... are we there yet?)...

Besides, as this comment posting and reply adequately demonstrates, I do not publish (or even check) comments awaiting approval often and comments from the name Anonymous, aka anonymous comments, are not even permitted in every blog and (as if additional stipulations are needed, or even warranted, no less wanted), email notifications of such comments are filtered into a folder that I rarely check, in fact, I may have opened that folder a few times in the past decade and barely opened a few emails in all that time, so are we back to anyway yet?

The answer to your question is no.

I don't pay attention much to the different ways different browsers present my different formats in my different blogs. I rarely create a template myself, am a hunt and peck, scratch and sniff, copy and paste, ultra basic HTML only web page designer (and I use the word designer without giving it the respect it surely deserves) and almost exclusively use blogger with the tiniest of occasional tweaks for my web world these days. I wish there was a simple answer and hope you find it as you search (did a search for incompatibility bring you here?).

Feel free to introduce yourself to my truly harmless, but occasionally acerbic sarcasm (as I think to myself that Anonymous # 724189361242 is likely more unique than your name, but that's a semantic {not meant in any way as a personal offense at all} laugh we can share at another time if you respond and I find your response {chances are random that I will, eventually} introduce yourself and discuss it and identify and nomenclature and any other topics that might pass through our minds at the time), at your whim.

I'd like that.

What?

:)

Please let me know if you find a solution.

Thanks :)

Noticing a potential point of contusion, on JUNE 4, 2019 AT 8:18 AM candoor said...
I obviously most my way a bit in the secondary parenthetic aside in the last paragraph of the last comment. I apologize for it taking so long. I mean, I apologize if it became confusing.

Naturally, the response you may or may not have been seeking might have been (or still be)...

We could all buy Macs.

Narf :)

Further noticing yet another potential point of confusion and ever endeavoring to communicate precise meaning, however randomly, at JUNE 4, 2019 AT 8:41 AM, candoor said...
wow, perhaps even more obviously, the word "most" was meant to be "lost" in the previous comment.

So perhaps it is even more appropriate now to ask...

Are we there yet? :)


And that brings us to this entry. What was that all about, right? Which that? What that? Who dat crawling under grandma's knickers? What's it all about, Alfie?...

Alf?...

Bueller?...


Fred?...


Here, have another cookie.

Narf :)


No comments: