Friday, June 14, 2019

Morning Starts Slowly, But Early

I said this already but if I repeat it, maybe I'll remedy it by splurging on a new computer. Elliptical machine please, we need an elliptical machine!!! (wow, just look at all those exclamation points, aye?). Anyway, the limits of this computer (Slowness, 2GB RAM, 32 GB SSD drive, that's it and the space-hog Windows 10) places limits on the blogging I do on this computer and since it is my primary (and best home) computer. As you may have noticed, the blogging has diminished, especially the babble, except for those rare occasions when I have the time to baby the machine and wait for it's slowness, but even then, the delays in page openings and words as well as limits on programs and browser windows I can open make for a dull Babbler, boy, girl, or gender neutral blog experience, as the winds inspire.

In any case, I stop by this morning to say hello and record the early-to-rise morning, picking up the care before 6AM and already having a breakfast of 12 ounces of shrimp. The plan for the day is walk the parks and playgrounds and bridges and wherever else him might take me. If the rains don't come too early. And coffee, I shall stop for coffee today. I probably would drink more of it if I had the coffee maker and added flavors set up here, so I'm better off not, but it does point out that I have not completely made myself at home here in the kitchen and that is partly because the kitchen is seldom kept really clean (hence, the sugar ants, though I have those under tight control) and the eight year old plays in the kitchen a lot, leaving food out and generally making a mess. There's a big bowl of froot loops with marshmallows on the kitchen table and the milk in it is not smelling fresh. Giving an inquisitive eight year old prone to food and other chemistry experiments free run of the kitchen and not requiring any clean up from her makes for a kitchen I am not completely moving into, but it's so much better (as in more spacious) than the last place, I am still a very happy camper and do a fair amount of cooking, though with immediate clean up and separation of my kitchenware.

I suppose noticing the froot loops and slime (she's on a slime-making kick... Tide detergent, glue, and corn starch, I believe... at least there's no sugar in it, though corn starch has been found in the oddest of places) in the kitchen table (I don't use it) lead my pondering why I don't fully utilize the kitchen. The shrimp were clean and delicious and I suppose I cook and eat most of what I want to here, though I am just noticing I do not bring in fresh veggies, fruit, or salad. Not clean enough for that. Though I really must do more salads as the weight loss goal has been set. There is still frosting in the fridge. We shall see how long I can go without indulging. The chocoholic will have to be satisfied with 100 calorie chocolate protein drinks for a while again.

I have no idea why some old entries attract so many anonymous comments. Asking the Anonymous commenters to explain has not provided an answer. If a SPAM-bot, why target an old entry like this with random general praise (and no linkage... unless the linkage is hidden in code and nefariously taking over this laptop... disappointing, aye? lol). Maybe the code is just set up to always respond and have the last word. Perhaps even elementary AI wants attention.

There's more to say, but I want to get out to work (and play some Merge Dragons).

Later, perhaps... especially if you let me know you're here.

Interested in sharing?

Narf :)

No comments: