Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Daily Details?

Once upon a time this blog was intended to be the extension of the brief daily blog where the dirt, drama, and details of life were poured out in a self-therapeutic mind dump that allows a clearing of the head and some playful fun with words, distractions, and anything else that might pop up here. Asyou may have noticed if you care to check in, I sort of disappeared much of the past month or few. We could blame it on summer, but more, it was an escape into TV shows like Lost and whatever series I watched before that and maybe more before that and video games like Toonblast, Solitaire, Fishdom and a couple of others on the phone. Naturally there's been softball and a whole lot of work, but a whole lot of mindless escape as well.

So what about the dirt, drama, and details?

let's start with work. Today, for example, was largely a desk work day as I processed a lot of drivers license checks for HR.The Fire Department is hiring 25 new firefighters, then there were the usual checks that I process on a daily basis. More emails than usual, again, with the boss still in Europe. I am still getting flack from the senior assistant, but I am ignoring it more and more and that's either going to push her to an inappropriate outburst or challenge her to accept me and start playing nice like everyone else does. A few Division Managers and a couple of Directors called me several times today, so I am recognized and respected by just about everyone but her. Directors have been stopping by my office more often in spite of my not having a chair for them to sit in. The assistant seems frustrated that she has to walk around them to get to the fridge or files, but that's the space I was given and I am using it as economically and professionally as possible. It is odd and a sign of disrespect from the boss, but he likes his power and control and this fits with his micromanaging and the senior assistant's disrespect. The other assistant and I see eye to eye and she vents to me about the odd closed circle the senior assistant and boss maintains. The Directors and Managers don't seem to mind and come see me or call regularly now. The Deputy and Assistant County Managers both stopped by this week and last week as well, so they recognize my role and hopefully respect it behind closed doors as they appear to openly. Politics and power trips always plays a huge role in any organizatioo, especially government.

Home, if I can call it that, is the same pig-sty it's been since I moved in. Whether the body woes have been caused by living here or simply aggravated by the filth in this space, it's not been a picnic for the part of me that likes a clean and healthy environment. I am far from a neat freak, but having to spray the toilet seat and bathtub and sink with bleach every time I want to go is getting old. Not having a kitchen or kitchen sink is no fun either. The 84 degree thermostat and 100 degree (if that high) hot water is not just uncomfortable at times, but downright unsanitary for washing dishes, clothes, or me. Still, after a year of blaming these living conditions for my apathetic self-destructive eating choices and lack of exercise, I focused on weight loss and have dropped close to 50 pounds with the help of the body issues discussed in the body blog. The dietary choices can be followed in the food blog. Maintaining those two may have contributed to the silence here to some extent.

The dirt, drama, and details have little time or interest in being written. Loneliness may be the driving force bring me back at the moment as the desire for sharing is growing again, every day. The lack of interest from you, dear reader, certainly doesn't inspire me to return here to make time, but you are not the reason this blog is as quiet as it's ever been. Maybe I'll get more into the DDD again one of these days, but for today, here's some.

The previous entry was not completed, but the way, in case you wondered.

Your life as quiet as mine?

Narf :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your sit andd iin accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts.
Any way I'll be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.

candoor said...

ummmm, thanks? lol :)