Saturday, February 3, 2018

Simple Excitements

I cleared off two of my folding tables so I can have more room for the food I ordered and sudden gleeful excitement poured through me. Such simple things send me soaring high on the roller coaster of emotion that is life in these physical bodies as interpreted by the brain. I ordered from the only Italian place that delivers to this address, a pizza shop. I like the flavor and portions of their food, so it is where I would order what they have on their menu if there were other places, but they have a very limited menu so I can tired of it and I want more variety. I must drive at minimum ten minutes to (and ten minutes plus back) to get a different menu.

So I am "settling" on... well, there's a food blog for that but lets just say five orders. Two dinners, an appetizer, a sub, and a calzone. I will have dinner for tonight and lunch for tomorrow ad probably dinner for tomorrow. Maybe even more if I am not greedy. Or hungry. Or lonely.

But I really must stay off my feet today and tonight, so no, I will stay lonely and not go out tonight. Sure enough, the phone started ringing an hour ago. Why do I get no phone calls most weekends and weekends when I a certain that staying in and resting is the best thing and necessary thing I can do, multiple calls come to invite me out. Most people are on such a different wavelength, pane, level of consciousness than I am.

Do you know those moments when I just stare off into space with understanding that no one else has?

Like hanging participles.

A day of sitting around with my feet under a heated blanket and drinks and TV and computer and everything is restful and healing. Lonely, but restful and healing. Anybody there?

Narf :)

No comments: