Sunday, February 4, 2018

Superbowl Sunday

Obviously, too much food. After all, when overeating almost daily, Superbowl Sunday becomes a suicidal face stuffing. I will share the brief entry and the food entry later and expand on it so you can have all the gory details, but for now, I am fast asleep. Writing while I am asleep might be called sleepwriting, but that name has been long gone for a long long time. Imagine the powerful emocoaster this entry might have been if I was awake.

so did you have a superbowl party
with you your closest friends
I won't ask why I wasn't invited
we know how you pretend
did your guilt lead you to text me
on this superbowl Sunday
do the promises you broke
still get in your way
it was a great game, did you miss me
when you looked around and cheered
did you feel anything when you
realized I wasn't there?
I hope your superbowl party
was full of fun and love and friends
the ones who really matter
who are laughing at the end

Interesting. All the sports fans who really watch games are gone and the friends I have now kind of go through the motions with superficial stuff, but the game must go on and I'd rather watch it with some people in comfort than here. So I was not here yet when I wrote this in my head, but in a couple of hours, I would be. Sarducci decided to have a Superbowl party and the usual crowd showed up, but only a few of us really wanted to watch the Superbowl. The rest either fell asleep on the couches or chatted in the kitchen. It was a good game that New England gave away with very out of character play/ Philadelphia made the key plays at the key moments and New England was out-coached, which is a rarity. But you know all this if you watched the game. Yeah, so one mistake by NE iced the game for Philadelphia, but lack of execution on key plays by NE and precise execution by Philly was the difference. I still think Brady is the one of the best QBs ever, but Joe Montana was more flawless so who is the best?


More babble... food blog entry...


It was a Sarducci party, as usual. Earlier I moved around on my feet for almost 4 and a half hours at softball practice and hit a lot of balls, but did not pitch or field. The leg survived, so the next step (literally) in the assessment is to play softball tomorrow night. Hopefully it will not be against one of the killer teams that could take my head off or break the already very tender leg. Shhh, without softball I'd die a vegetable, probably sooner. After softball I made some stops... gas, the giant store for clothes and food for Helen, the supermarket for more food for Helen and for the party, the bank for money for Helen, then Helen's for a shower, then... the party.

I think this is where we came in lol lam :)


More to follow


Narf :)

No comments: