Thursday, July 27, 2017

Not Quite Running, Not Quite Empty

Some days (and stretches of this life) are like that. I think I got about 8 or 9 hours sleep last night, so feeling a bit more refreshed tonight. The mood is funky cool with a heavy dose of irreverent razzamatazz and the scent of odd fruit, or something like that. You ever get to a point where everything is amusing because you are a lot less stressed than Marvin the Robot or the human (Arthur Dent?... yeah, I would be more certain of a depressed robot's name than a normal human being, aye?) so everything just seems relative and amusing. I don't even have my thumb up at the moment (hopefully no one is passing by looking for another passenger). I must be somehow enjoying this great adventure called life.

Stranger days have happened.

Today really wasn't that strange, but it was different because I just got off the phone with a person who might have a blog name but I don't recall it at the moment (she does have a garden in the garden of ones section of the written gardens, in case you are curious, interested, or actually following along on this long and winding strange trip it's been. Speaking to a first girlfriend after umbadabumbida years (more than three decades, at least) is can qualify as a strange experience, definitely not something that happens every day.

As I said in the briefer version of these daily blogs, even with the multitude of distractions coming from all angles and inside and out (The discomforts of the environs {living space}, Eb {the roommate}, the body ailments acting up again {oh poo, no, let's not and say we did}, the unpleasantness of poverty {and folly of spending as if I bring in three times what I actually bring in}, the long road ahead {hopefully winding, but definitely mostly uphill}, the dance with the devil in the pale moonlight {what?... you never?}, the depressive self-destructive suicidal culture that looms over us like an unwelcome and uncomfortable storm {and the never ending energy and unstoppable sensitivity [anyone who's been paying attention knows I've tried] that awareness of brings all the pain to my consciousness like water rolling over Niagara Falls [slowly I turn] just miles from tons [no exaggeration at all] of remnants of the life I once knew}, and moldy cheese (representing everything else... fill in your own distractions and discomforts as you wish), it was a wonderfully pleasant conversation.

Happy it happened. Hopefully it'll happen again in less than umbadabumbida years. :)

Meanwhile (why don't we say kindwhile?), it was another diverse active fun day at work. The Learning Management System Project (I sometimes call the Training Project just to save time and space) filled the morning hours. Then I left the office to check on a whole in the ground. One the way I had the Chinese buffet for lunch and stopped at fleet (the people who take care of our vehicles) because my work car's engine light has been on a few days. It was lunch time so I headed to the hole in the ground. I measured all measurements the whole had and then photographed that hole in the ground from as many angles as I could and then walked around the property around the hole to get the whole view of the hole and it's surroundings and photographed the hole from a distance so the bigger picture could include the hole's surroundings and then photographed some stormwater fixtures and the lake edge and assorted other things so if there are any questions about the hole in the ground the conditions and probabilities of what caused the hole to form are well documents.

Looks like a gopher hole to me, said the homeowner, who had nothing to do with why I was out there measuring and photographing the whole of the hole and all of it's surroundings and fixtures and doo dads. Possible a turtle hole, I replied cordially as a representative of the County. Just hoping it's not a sinkhole, said the homeowner hoping I would assure him it wasn't. Probably not, I said, let us know if it gets any bigger. Ok, thanks, he said.

After that I drove my work car, The Safety Car to Fleet and they gave me one of the pool cars, a loaner, a car old and on it's last legs. So the Safety car is in the shop again and the loaner is worse than last time. The County really tries to milk their vehicles to save money. So my vehicle ID is 05232 (new vehicles have Ids that are over 15000). The pool loaner car is 00198. It's a 1999 Ford Taurus and it should be in the shop and will be as soon as they figure out how to turn off my engine light.

Kindwhile, the evacuation chamber is acting up again (where's the Prep H and all that stuff) as the weight is up and that means sugar is up and that means the fungus among us has food again and itching and irritation and sure it is more than you want to know (unless you are a proctologist or have certain specific fetishes), but this is where the dirt, drama, and details are dumped and it you only knew how many details are left out simply due to lack of time, you'd be happy that this is all you get. I do need to find a doctor though, the medications are running out and I have other things about this body I'd like checked out (like the skin, living in Florida all these years and playing softball in the blazing sun suggests a skin check-up regularly... among other things).

The distractions are invading again. Eb asked if I wanted to order Italian for the first time since I've been living here. The food arrived, he cleared a place at the dining room table for himself. I took my food into my room. I figured if he wanted me out there he'd clear some of his stuff off the cluttered table (I've shared photos before, nothing's changed except for more clutter) and invite me. He's switching channels between Star Trek and Bones. I've seen both episodes a few times. Antenna TV does not offer much, but it's free. I don't miss TV much, sometimes not at all. I miss the experience of sharing watching a TV show with someone. I miss sharing.

Anyway, so as I said somewhere, I feel a bit more refreshed today, though I could have slept longer than I did last night. I appreciate you coming here to find out more about me and this life I loosely call mine. In case it matters. Feel free to tell me all the dirt, drama, and details of your day and life. If not here, in email, text, or call.

Life is more fun (and interesting) when we share, ya know?

Narf :)

No comments: