Friday, July 28, 2017

Still Having Fun (still without the one)

Ok, so we lost 12-11 in extra innings. I pitched well and hit well (2 for 3 with 4 RBIs and beat out a double play so my fielder's choice out was not too terrible since a run scored), but we played a good hitting team and we did not hit all that well and a few too many errors behind me (especially a few wild throws from the shortstop that gave away three runs and a lazy play by the shortstop, left fielder, and third baseman that gave away another) cost us the game.

We tied it up 7-7 with a two run home run in the bottom of the seventh and then extra innings was one pitch and I thew all strikes but they scored 5 on several more errors errors in the top of the eighth to make it 12-7 and I lead off the bottom of the eighth with a single to right center scoring the runner (extra innings a running starts on second) and we scored a few more and had one out with the tying run on second and two batters popped out and that was the ball game. Tough loss, but good time.

Yeah, there's a song in the title.

After softball a few friends went to the local sports bar that sponsors our team (nobody from the team went, again) and we had dinner (black bean burger quesadilla with extra cheese and extra caramelized onions and they threw in extra peppers and the bar owner brought it out just to tell me it's the best quesadilla he's ever seen and that's not the first time he did that lol... he obviously likes my taste in combinations). The waitress brought me a pitcher of water with a straw when I told them I was dehydrated. Just a couple of reasons why we (the few friends from another team and I) love the place.

I wrote a letter to J earlier that sent me out the door smiling (and it's Friday and I am back to being accustomed to a five day work week and feel the excitement of Fridays again) and the work day was excellent from my perspective (I will never make the assumption my boss or anyone else is as pleased as I am, but I did hear several excellents from my boss in the last few days.

The best thing about this moment is that I've got two days of fun ahead and I already feel like I had a great recreational day this evening. Imagine if I was in love and sharing life with he one - I mean, it would be exponentially better and yet it is a wonderful life right now and I don't have any partners for any of my activities or interests other than people to eat with, but not a real foodie partner as diverse and adventurous as I am. I am thankful for Helen who is my buffet partner. :)

I feel like everything is coming up roses even though so many things are missing.

Wonderful attitude and feeling and evening.

Hope you are enjoying yours.

Do tell, please?

Narf :)




No comments: