Monday, October 15, 2018

Horizontal

Well, it appears I will need a drastic change in how irate. Mmmmm, how I write. The past weekend I did sit up more and sure enough the effect was not good. I also slowed the medication because I know it’s not the best thing to do every day, so may be a combination of that combined with three full solid food meals lead to more pain today. I forgot it was bosses day at work and we went to a Mexican restaurant and I decided at the last moment not to eat salad. Stupid move. Yesterday I had a large bowl of spaghetti, canned, along with some Eb made (scary desperation, no doubt), and the day before was the lobster feast. Today was a little shredded beef inside the chili peppers, everything else was pasta and shellfish. Still there was enough substance and not enough medication and I forgot to maintain the perfect balance, so I learned just how fragile the system is.

So here I lay on my side (hence, the title) speaking to the phone. Hoping the voice to text will not frustrate me. It does seem to work better when it is 6 to 12 inches from my mouth, when I am awake and speaking clearly with conscious effort, and there is no background sound. In the car does not work as well, as the previous entry attests, especially when the air conditioner is blowing. Anyway here we are.

In case it matters.

So today I got some work done and I don’t exactly remember what. I suppose that’s a sign of pending boredom. Or maybe fatigue. There were some things that needed to be done and I did them before lunch. And then we went to lunch for bosses day. And then I got back to do orientation. And then I prepared the files for tomorrow morning. And I left about 20 minutes early. Although because I have to drive the work car over to the parking lot and switch to my car, it was really more like five or 10 minutes early. Typically I get to my desk anywhere from 30 to 10 minutes early which means I get to the work car anywhere from 45 to 20 minutes early. And when I leave it’s usually after five, sometimes after six, and I still need to bring the car over to the parking lot. So I seldom actually work less than a ten hour day. On the positive side I have a boss who gets that, so I can leave early or come in late or take long breaks during the day when I need to or just when I want to.

So tomorrow is driver test day and I will be up early sending out emails just after 6 AM and over at the testing location about 7:30 AM. After the testing is done I intend on walking through parks, weather permitting. A long lunch, although I have no intention of eating real food, and perhaps an early day. It will depend on whether the weather allows for outdoor activities and the driver reports that come in every Tuesday afternoon. I moved. I may need to go back to the office if there are a lot of driver reports that I have to follow up on.

The extreme loneliness that brought on all the hunger and sighing over the weekend is passing as usual. The constant drone of longing to share remains. In about 90 minutes I’ll head out to Softball. Maybe a little earlier than that. Again weather permitting.

Thermostat was set to 86 all day yesterday and overnight the past two nights, so it is uncomfortably humid and the mold is growing again as usual. The windows are open so the air-conditioner was working hard when I got back here yesterday and it was working hard when I got back here today. I am not sure why he thinks raising the thermostat and leaving the windows open will lower the electric bill so maybe he’s just looking to get some fresh air, but I really believe he keeps the thermostat at about over 82 to keep the electric bill down. Personally I’m comfortable most of the time between 78 and 80. My primary concern however is the unhealthy mold grows anywhere there is moisture combined with the unhealthy food and body fluids that are rarely cleaned up unless I do. Hopefully it won’t be much longer.

I talked about the stuff in storage in New York today and it really doesn’t make sense to keep paying 140 each month for all these years, but I hold onto the hope that I will figure out away to bring everything down without paying more storage fees down here... and then start selling the stuff to pay for all the storage costs and then start making some additional money. I do believe that can be done, I just need the motivation and the time and the money to bring it all down here and the money to pay for enough space to store it here. A partner would be the magic key. A three bedroom house with a two car garage would be ideal, even a two bedroom with a one car garage would work. So no matter what I do over the next two months, well by December 1, 2019, the goal is to find the house I can afford.

I am pausing to allow you to get a word in edge wise.

In case it matters.

I really do want to hear from you.

Narf :)

No comments: