Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Lunch With People

I didn’t really over eat. I had some salad bar, though I did take potato salad, macaroni salad, bacon, and Cesar and blue cheese dressing. And then I had an egg plant parm sub but only ate half of it and it came with onion rings and only half of them. It’s still more calories than I usually have an any given day on days when I’m trying to rough week, but I feel amazingly voted hello tube Bluetooth hello Ted bloated. Oh that was a venture and adventure.

Huh?

The talk to text babble was an adventure. Question text (talk to text) obviously does not work as well in the car as it does require bedroom.

Half a sandwich and half an order of onion rings are sitting in a box next to me in the car and I have a little time before my Nephrologist appointment, so here I am talking to you. Yes you. You reading this. I am not just writing this for me, I am writing this for you. If you wonder why, why don’t you ask?

Since I doubt I’ll get a question, the answer is simply that I want to share with you and I care about you. I keep hoping that if I keep sharing here you might share wherever you are. At least a dozen people who I’ve known intimately qualify for that lesson. Many many more people qualify for that last sentence in a more general sense. I would like to know you better and I care about you and I would like to share. With you. So if you would like to share with someone who cares, here I am.

It could be that you have more than enough people who care about you who share what matters to you in your life and that’s great. There are still some of you who I’ve known in the past who I wish well and would love to hear an update on your life. And there are many others who I’m happy for if life is so full that you don’t have time to come here or pick up furniture. Pick up a phone and share. Not furniture. And there are billions of people and likely species I’d like to get to know, so here I am.

In case it matters, I am here to share my life too. What else is new.

Now that I feel bloated I reaffirm that the normal American diet or even the normal portions human beings eat as a meal is way beyond what is needed as a meal. It is my hope I remember this the next time I go out somewhere to eat.

The air command...

So here I sit in the air-conditioned car in a parking lot just a little bit away from where my appointment and I see a woman walking into South Beach tanning Company. Human beings are puzzling. Four $18.88 a month, which might be a limited time new member deal only, you can get unlimited tanning. What is puzzling is why someone would pay that money to walk out of a beautiful sunshine filled day to go indoors to get artificial sunshine at any cost. I suppose the selling point is some sort of health-related safer than the sun issue. I’d like to see the science behind that, but then again no. I don’t need to see the science behind that bit as tanning itself is vanity another puzzling human trait.

I see a Christmas tree of few police cars that surrounded vehicle they pulled over. I wonder what the driver might have done. Or what the driver might look like. Every time I see a car pulled over I wonder. I know personally that there are reasons police pull cars over that have less to do with safety and more to do with making money. I also know that some police officers enjoy the power of bullies that the badge gives them. That is very sad and I wish that would be better psychological performance tests not only pre-hire, but on-going for all performance authority officers. On the other hand, I also know personally some even tempered, professional, caring police offices. The real crime is that those who enjoy bullying and who are corrupt make it bad for everyone wearing the uniform.

For those of you offended by my opinion, feel free to share yours. If you can base your opinion on your personal experience with people you actually know in uniform, all the better. I work with, play ball with, and socialize with the people I think about when I give my opinion on this.

So what else while sitting in a parking lot bring to mind I wonder. How many children have called other children for space this week? How many rate victims have been marked publicly this week? How many killings brutal torture killings have been justified by financial gain this week?

Yeah right.

Narf too :)



No comments: