Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Circular Life

So, I find my phone was busy today. More robo sales calls, a couple of calls I didn't answer and a text too. The text was from a potential roommate. A married guy moving to this area because he is taking a job here. I just texted him back asking if he planned on moving his family here. I don't want a short term roommate, after all, since it's been a year and I haven't found a roommate and I don't want to try to live (or not live) just to pay rent on a two bedroom I can't find someone to share. Unless he's be interested in slumming a bit and we could find a reasonable safe slum place. I think I can deal with that as long as I have space for my stuff and can lock the place well and have safeguards and insurance. Maybe.

Then I find there are seventeen... 17!... yes, seventeen messages on the roommate site.

Not... good ... news.

One of the seventeen was from the guy who texted me. The other sixteen were from one guy or girl. Someone I told no to last night because the place is way off my travel path. Ok, I checked, he's a retired gay male. Retired is not a good thing, could be always there and could be explorative if he is home a lot. He gave me his number. He gave me his address. I expect the keys to his house in the mail. Don't believe me? judge for yourself.

Well, don't judge lol, just check it out.

Wow, so once again I am awake past midnight and back-timing an entry so the date gets the entry about the date. It's becoming too much a habit of late, to get less than eight hours sleep, in fact, to get less than six. There was a time when four hours sleep was more than enough, but in recent years, less than six hours sleep catches up with this body and results in aches and pains, especially the left neck pain and the tinnitus too.

I did do three large loads of laundry amidst all that and this and watching the TV out of the corner of the eye, so the evening of giving up sleep was at least much much more productive than last night. Not more creative, but then, last night was not very creative either. You can find creativity and depth splattered throughout this blog and others, a few times a month and sometimes a bit more (used to be an average of three rhymes a day fr years, but like does take it's turns and ways, you know.

Just not here and now.

I know you're out there somewhere, caring in your silence...

Wishing me well while I am wishing for more...

There's always hope...

and Narf :)

No comments: