Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sitting In The Car

Ok, Two and a half hours early on a Sunday morning... softball practice is usually 8 AM - 11 AM Sunday mornings at Matthews Park in College Park, but --- sent an email to change that to Merrill Park in Altamonte, but I didn't remember so I went to Merrill. I also didn't catch the time, which changed to 10 AM - 12 Noon. The temperature is wonderful right now at 7:45 AM and it may be close to 80 degrees by noon. So here I sit, first at the wrong field and now at the right field and it is 8:30 and I ave an hour and a half to wait. That's if everybody is on time lol.

Life is fun, even without a partner to enjoy the high that comes from sleep deprivation. I close close my eyes and sleep for an hour and a half, or at least for an hour, but for the moment I am taking advantage of the computers, the Ideapads that I've complained about recently because Microsoft screwed Lenovo with an update tat makes this machine obsolete. It is still an offline portable word processor and file cabinet, and just a couple of decades ago I dreamed of having one of these to give me the ability to write and save words electronically anywhere I felt like writing... so complaining I am not, much. Just need to spend more money on a better home computer and an SD card for this one and jump throw another couple or few hoops for the free OS.

I could drive over to a coffee show or restaurant and connect to Wifi (and get the annoying Windows Update messages) and check the email --- sent about time and place of practice today, but he texted to confirm the place and time and I really do not need more food or coffee as I had dinner and unch within three hours of each other last night and neither meal was lightweight. Pasta with heavy sauce for lunch, chicken and cheese wraps for dinner, not light bread or cheese. The more soda than I've had in months. So the belly that holds up this laptop in the car (against the steering wheel) should be stuff, but it is expanding way more than it eer did before because I am ore lazy about my abdonimal muscles than I've ever been before and that is the path toward dying big time so no, going to a food place it not a good idea.

Did you know that David Bowie's Major Tom was a reference to an older song by the same name? Peter Schilling, a one-hit-wonder. Look it up and you may even recognize the song. Reminds me a bit of Euro-pop. Meanwhile, I meant to include this video in a recent entry so here it is now.

Just a little side stop distraction as I drift off into the music on the radio. time for a nap.

Narf :)

No comments: