Friday, January 26, 2018

The End of Microsoft

It was said briefly, it was said in meaningless complaints, and it is said again here. Repetition makes it real. I will not trust another Microsoft product. I already do everything I can to avoid Microsoft products, but I have hung in there with MS computers because I do not have the money to splurge on an Apple and I don't have the knowledge to install and use Linix.

As I said, I said it like this...

Yes, MS killed Lenovo and every other company making small computers by giving them Windows 10 and then within the warranty period, making those small computers obsolete. So I turned off Windows Updates. So I will no longer consider this computer secure. So I need another computer for anything other than blogging. I want to save up for an Apple, but that might be a while. I will hope Kaspersky continues to protect my personal information in spite of the lack of Windows updates. Except my years with the Atari ST1040 pre-PC times, I've known no other OS since Win3.1 and it is sad, but finally time to leave MS behind.

Meanwhile, the day was as most days are, work, then food, then play.

You know where to find the details (right here).

Narf.


Yes, right here are the details left out of the brief blog (and sometimes the brief blog can be found here too, like that right there above right here, in case it matters. The fact is I deliberately choose Chrome not so much before t is a better or faster browser, but simply mostly and primarily because it is not Microsoft. I do believe I will have a T-shirt printed with the words NOT MICROSOFT on the front, especially if I ever go to a geek gathering again.

Sleep an more tomorrow.

Narf :)

No comments: