Thursday, January 4, 2018

Hanging On

Happy New Year! This is what is happening (to me:

Just kind of hanging on for now. The body is fighting a head cold. The thermostat is set at 60 degrees inside. The thermometer read in below 30 degrees this morning and tomorrow morning is supposed to be colder. I should have bought a space heater, but I am sitting here with three layers on and my feet under the heating blanket turned up to high. I sincerely hope I don't die. This has motivated me to write to more potential roommates on the roommate site. Stretching the limits of the guesswork and random chance taking that he site offers.

Meanwhile, work was work. It's too cold out to work outside, so desk work again. Sitting way too much for my buttocks, that's for sure. Monday I have another doctor's appointment and I must find a primary soon after that as the pain and bleeding is not better. Canned pasta for dinner again. I need to find a new place, a new doctor, and a new perspective. Again.

Any day now.

Narf :)


Now you know I do that when I am too tired to babble and just want to put a placeholder here so the babbler has a challenge when there is more time.



I have wonderful news tonight.

Maybe this guy knows:


Maybe the truth is deeper in the babble...

So what I got for Christmas in my stocking was a raging head cold. It doesn't help that I've been sleeping without a blanket or sheet in a 60 degrees room while it's been 30 or less outside at night and there was no warming up at all for the past week. The martyr syndrome will kill me yet. Like I am waiting for someone to prove they care and didn't lie to me for years just to use me for money. Any one of a dozen or more who did that could step up anytime. Wow, I'm really feeling sorry for myself these days. Colds do that when I am alone. In fact, the pity party allows the cold bugs to take hold.

what can I do?
what can I say?
It's nothing new
it's just today
the same old story
we all dream of
no fight, no glory
I just want love

and in the end
the love I gave
was not enough
to keep or save
and all the girls
I've loved before
have left me here
just wanting more

a lone raven
forevermore

Still, I'm hanging on....

Narf :)



No comments: