Thursday, January 18, 2018

I Miss Sassafras (Or Something Like That)

Yes that's right, I'm confessing once again another one of my many deadly sins, I miss sassafras. Truth be told, I miss
sarsaparilla even more but that's probably fodder for later in this entry or many other entries, for that matter, in case it matters, and all that matter a factness. The 55 degree room temperature shall not still the aging babbler as 25 degree temperatures met us walking out to the car this morning and 35 degrees will likely be out there tonight. With a high of 52 today, the thermostat set t 55 degrees still costs more than Eb wants to spend out of the money I give him for all of his bills and then some each month, but frugality to the extreme and a fair amount of usury aside cuz the uncaring bitter cold world can kiss my shiney frozen ass cuz, I miss sassafras.

Sarsaparilla too.

Spaghetti cooks on the stove, warming the air a bit. The heating blanket is on high and my legs and feet shall be under it soon. The semi-hot shower took the edge off, and I shall not go down (though I will do it quietly as noise really doesn't help the matter). The TV shall provide some CBS shows and no one has to text or call, I'll be fine without anybody caring tonight.

Then, spaghetti. Shrimp. Bacon & Provolone tomato sauce. Butter. Stuffed.

No sassafras though. Not even a little sarsaparilla. Water is good. So I'm warm with hot spaghetti stuff in the belly and the big red robe wrapped around me with a towel stuffed around my neck and my feet under the heated blanket turned up high and
that's the way to be as comfortable as possible in a 58 degree place. Yes, the boiling water has raised the air temperature three degrees, it's a heat wave.

TV is distracting me. Big Bang, Young Sheldon, Criminal Minds... so far. The mind wants to watch, not just listen. Must want more distraction than the babbling will provide.

So while we are watching, have some sassafras or sarsaparilla because it is good for you even if you don't now the dfference between sarsaparilla or root beer or root, birch, and sarsaparilla for that matter.

Narf until later.




No comments: