Friday, January 19, 2018

Potpourri is Not Cheating

Wait, is it? I mean, is potpourri cheating? Yeah, so anyway, I was out at the local pub at the time of this entry, at least as far as the posterity perspective is concerned, but that will not stop me from being like Mercury (it's in retrograde, I hear) and catching up with whomever might be reading (for what it's worth, I love you. I hope you are enjoying your time wandering through my written gardens (so much deeper than anyone's even begun to explore... will you be the first?) and maybe we will be lucky enough to meet someday somewhere somehow. Even if we don't, I wish you all the peace, love, hope, and dreams you can fit into your heart and mind and then, more hugging you from all around you. You can do it!) because that is what I do.

This too.

Babble, that is. A day or few ago, or sometime in the recent past, I got back here after another standard day in orbit, I mean at work. I spent some days out of the office the whole morning, sometimes the whole day. Other days I am in the office playing with the computer all day. Either way I enjoy what I do. On desk work days I sometimes stop for lunch to eat at my desk, though I often forget. Today a truck hit a drain pipe at our building so I went downstairs to coordinate the emergency responders who somehow send fire and rescue instead of a simple patrol car. Some people tend to overreact and others tend to delegate too much. The call to the non-emergency number must have been a doozy. "Truck hit the side of the building, don't know if there were any injuries" would be enough to get an engine and a rescue unit arriving with lights and sirens. A least the aliens did not arrive. Or so we were told.

The truck touched a drainpipe and separated it from the building. The six screws holding the pipe were no match for the ten ton truck. Yeah, people seem to love to panic and scream and feel helpless and believe in some bright lights. Eb had his campaign meeting and I chose to sleep through it. Slept five hours. Sweet. I woke to find the temperature over 70 degrees and he actually cleaned the place. The bathroom smelled like pine. The first time in a year.

55 is the more frequent temperature inside this place I live these days. Yes, he thermostat is often set for 55 degrees. Sometimes it is raised to 60 when he is home. A couple of nights this week it was in the mid-30s all night outside. It was 25 degrees one night and the high was was 52 degrees. That was a rough few hours. you can read about it in one of these blogs. Alas, the fact is Eb is insanely cheap. Unhealthy, even. My nose is frequently running. He had a guest from California here for an hour or so, but the guy did not stay. I am not sure how to warm up sometimes.

Hope lives (as is demonstrated in the following excerpt from an entry in the brief blog, with some babbling added for your amusement... or at least for my amusement. Sometimes, we've just gotta do what we've gotta do, ya know? Anyway:

I've got a towel (so all is right with the universe, right?... though Douglas never actually wrote about how to keep the towel clean and he did not have Linus or Pigpen character, unless you count the Zorgons, but that may be a stretch and this parentheses is interrupting the fine example of hopefulness this excerpt was to bring so be gone, parenthetic aside... but keep the towel) wrapped around my head in Arabian style and that is tucked into the heavy cotton bathrobe rich leading-man person style and the flannel pajama bottoms await the next dressing and the heavy slippers keep my feet warm and the electric blanket is spread out on the air mattress on high ready for my feet when the big pot of boiling water cooks spaghetti on the stove and the whole universe (and even this place) feels so much more better now that I took care of my physical comforts (as much as I can in this space) and bodily functions in the bathroom including a long-as-it-would-last semi-hot shower and life is good even though the temperature is now 57 degrees (up a few degrees from before the shower... nothing like boiling a lot of hot water to add warmth to a space) in the place. Spaghetti and shrimp for dinner, saving money so I can get out of here as soon as the right roommate or place comes along and I am just not gonna let this get me down.

I've been camping in colder weather before :)

Narf :)


Yeah, but that high point of the roller coaster was followed by a day of numb bloat as this next excerpt from the brief blog (this is starting to feel like a retrospective episode of the new outer limits... please stand by) may show.

A long day of feeling poorly in spite of more than eight hours sleep. Body bloat reaching maximum proportions, 230 pounds fully clothed with full pockets (keys, phones, wallet, five layers, heavy jackets, and more stuff). Considered not going into work, but eh. Yeah, I have a work eh-thick (oooo, humor even at the low points of the day). Back here again to use the bathroom and change clothes. Fifty six, that is 56 degrees in this space. Showers here suck, being chilled all the time sucks, getting down about the living conditions sucks. Wishing somebody will come along to save me (or at least share, if not want to share space somewhere bigger, cleaner, safer, warmer, more comfortable, and homier) sucks. So stop, m'ok?

The place is amazingly clean (relatively, compared to it's usual state).

Layered up and off to softball now.

Narf :)


So I am out playing softball and hopefully having fun and hopefully doing half as well as I did last week and likely eating some pub food afterwards and hopefully coming back here for some catch-up sleep and hopefully, very soon, getting into some sort of daily exercise program because the circulatory system gave me too many signs of being over-taxed today (pumping pains as blood is pushed through vessels close to nerves in my chest, abdomen, and lower back... sometimes comes from sitting too much when the weight is this high... in the ideal world I'd be hooked up to an EHG machine during those episodes, but they've been happening since I was a teenager and I've learned to live {and play ball and run marathons} with it... the last full cardio-stress exam just over ten years ago lasted most of the day and was flying colors good, so whatever).

Yeah, so this entry was a collection of excerpts as well as, as usual, some secretly revealing stuff that you have to be a mother to love. If you hum a few bars I can fake it, been doing that all my life. If it is my life, after all.

So how about you? You have a life? Feel free to give me even a sliver of a glimpse. Or tell me all about it.

I'd really like to know.

Narf :)

No comments: