Saturday, January 20, 2018

And Then There Was Today

I spend a few hours every few days, sometimes more time than that, writing in my written gardens Mostly in this and the brief daily blog, but a few times a week I find words jumping into one of the other bogs and websites in the vast untapped infinity of the babbling and rhyming words I call, you guessed it, the written gardens (oh yeah, once there was a way... and you thought you knew me?, narf) and someday, someone may even read some of these words so I suppose it's about time I stopped farting around and got to the point.

Maybe tomorrow.

Manwhile, back here at the refrigerator, I woke to a blast of warm (74 degree) air when I opened the door to my bedroom today. It appears that the over has been on with the oven door open. We can't be sure if Eb was cooking (while the nostrils are not as effective at detecting smells as they might be thanks to the lingering sniffles and the extended nose bleed that gave me pause to pause after I arrived at Harpo's place after softball last night), cleaning it (the oven, did you lose your way already?), or using it to warm the place, but for the first time in months it is warmer out there than it is in this room in which I sleep.

Much to the chagrin of this body (and especially my lower legs and feet), I am still wearing two layers below the waist and at least four layers above. I lose track sometimes. In fact, I am ready for that stage in life where I regress to needing someone else to dress me. Anytime now. I slept in this layered outfit with sports knee socks, so the circulation in the feet and the legs feels squeezed. The bathroom was sprayed, as usual, and the foot stool Eb uses to raise his knees (I assume it is a body positioning device meant to aide in his defecation experience) was in the way and I felt like peeing from beyond it rather than touching it because it has to be sprayed by urine (usually visibly), but I pushed it as far under the front of the toilet as it would go with my sock (I should throw the sock out now... I have thrown out more underwear and socks living here than I have in any other living space before here, in case it matters to you). All these words just to pee, and with the diuretic this happens a few times a night and even more during the day. Alas, life ruled by the medical industrial complex.

A lot of text messages came in on the phone this morning. Often they will wake me and I'll roll over and go back to sleep figuring if it is important enough they would call. Let's see, there was Tinman answering my text from 11:00PM last night. Yeah, so about 11:00 PM last night I texted "Are you awake?" His response, this morning, was "Yes." We share a dry (or is it droll?) sense of humor. Practically didactic, or something like that. Stating the obvious, after the fact, even. Fun.

Thank there was Chase telling me my credit card is over the limit again (so much for increasing savings this month). They let me go over the limit regularly when necessary. It is earlier in the month than usual though as I have almost two weeks before the auto-payment is made and likely a few hundred or more dollars to be auto-paid between now and then. Hopefully there will not be any sudden new flags or limits on their consistent allowance for up to a few thousand dollars over as they have in the past. The benefits of an excellent credit rating. Speaking of...

Speaking of credit ratings. Jackson sought me out, a rare occurrence the past year, or is it two... anyway, she sought me out to show me her phone that told her that credit rating went down 50 points. She was doing so well. I felt like hugging her and telling her it would be alright and exploring more, but we were in public at the fields at a softball tournament and she has stopped seeking me out to even say hello so I just let her be. A couple of days later she reached out by text to share the details. She co-signed a loan for her sister and he sister missed a payment and bang, loss of fifty points, go not pass go, do not collect $200, and wait 3 years before that blemish stops bleeding. Sigh. So I asked for the details.

$700 later, she and her sister were almost speechless with appreciation. I loaned her sister $700 to bring her past due and current month car payments up to speed and gave her as much incentive as I could to maintain payments without going past due again. The terms of the loan are simple. Payment is not due until the car is fully paid off and (the incentive to not her her or her sister's credit again part), do not go past due again for the life of the loan and the loan becomes a gift. Free money, just don't miss another car payment. They think it'll work. I hope it does. Nobody but the three of us know, so don't tell.

Seriously, though... as I said these blogging lives are an extension of the daily offline life I experience in the physical world. The day someone from my physical life world starts reading this (and so far no one in my daily life has told me they do), I shall accept their comments and opinions and respect what they have to say about what I write here. If they wish more privacy than I afford already, I shall decide what to do about each request they make. For more than twenty years I have babbled online and only once has anyone I communicate with outside of these blogging lives asked for more anonymity than I provide and I do my best to comply, not mentioning her at all anymore. Shhhhh, another secret.

Hope laughter was all around on my little secrets. :)

This (giving) is how I keep family in my life. Money. Giving and sharing. Two people are on my phone line. Until last month I've paid for Precious' phone (more than ten years). I slowly stop actually giving money more because I do not want to enable than out of any sense of responsibility to myself because I love to give (money, time, energy, stuff, whatever... the giving is an endorphic rush for me.. appreciation is like icing on the cake... metaphors are made to be mixed, like cake batter, in case you wondered). So the saving will not go up (may even go down since I am still spending a couple of hundred dollars a week on food eating out and splurging), but the heart loves the giving feeling.

Meanwhile, back to the text messages, there were a few messages from Helen, the last telling me she and her mom may be eating lunch a half mile from here. I had the wrap and fries for dinner about 9:00PM, a snack at Harpo's around 3:00 AM, then $6.51 worth of Taco Bell food at 4:40 AM and here is an opportunity for more social food. Emotional eating is part of it, but poor choices doesn't help. 500 calories a day for a few weeks definitely would. Salads and cooking at hoe to save money definitely would, if I had a home. Yeah, finding a home would too.

Good morning, aye? lol.

Narf :)



No comments: