Saturday, January 20, 2018

Later, Of Course

All this babbling in the last few entries and the side notes make for some hole for this blogging life (and the last three entries there may be the revealing exlanation needed as much as this explanation. Later, of course, the rest of the story will be revealed to anyone who cares to take the time to learn and know.

After the texts woke me, I finally started getting hungry and texted Helen that I was awake. She sid she was around the corner about to head t a nearby restaurant so I met her there for lunch. Yummy. A Reubenstein (German Reuben) on pretzel bun, loaded potato pancakes, and red cabbage. Yum yum yum. Hollerbach's is a well-known German restaurant in this area. That's why people travel to eat there. Helen and her mom travel up here every month or two to eat there. Critics and public opinion agree that here is surprisingly good restaurants in this small town.

So as you may have already read, yesterday was more challenging than most days because this body was feeling blech. Obviously I worked through it as you may have seen from the previous entry and the above, but I explore yesterday further now because the body asks me to. It was really not feeling well during the day yesterday.

Maybe it was three straight days of way too much spaghetti with to much butter and ketchup and sauces and more starches and fats than the body can handle. As I said in the brief blog about it, sometimes swimming (as in just keep swimming ya see) is not enough. I had to push through it especially because I had softball in the evening. I dragged around all day at work feeling bloated and uncomfortable in the body and generally tired and filled with malaise, whatever that means to you. There was some pounding in the circulatory system, painful in the lower back, discomfort in the abdomen. Maybe there is too much fat in the tubes, I really must get with some doctors.

I did not feel like waking when I woke in spite of more than 8 hours sleep but I pushed through all the way to five PM even though productivity was lower than usual and it was a four day work week. Did I already mention this? EKG? Maybe I did, maybe I was tht concerned. Not concerned enough though as I've been through the experience before. Then I dragged this body to softball.

I bought a chocolate protein drink and added a coffee packet which woke me enough to enjoy playing and do well. I went two for two and a walk and we won 23-6. I still felt a little lethargic but pushed on to the local pub where everybody knows your name and ate a wrap stuffed with shrimp and sweet potato fries. I was suddenly more awake again having a good time talking to friends and then, wanting more interaction, so I went over to Harpo's after that and played games until after 4am. Go figure.

I feel like I may have already wrote some of this.

So I redirect you to the re-emphasis of the opening paragraph, all this babbling in the last few entries and the side notes make for some hole for this blogging life (and the last three entries there may be the revealing exlanation needed as much as this explanation. Later, of course, the rest of the story will be revealed to anyone who cares to take the time to learn and know.

Care to know?

Narf :)

No comments: