Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Productivity Feels Good, Creativity Feels Better

Still, I really ought to head home and get some dinner and do some exercise and ... wait, what? Exercise? I almost couldn't spell it the second time. As if I do exercise other than softball? Strange mood this creative productivity brings on. Yeah, so I could sit here for hours rambling on getting hungrier and hungrier but that would probably drive me to buy some more food and I am already waaaay over budget for the month ($700 unexpected expense) and the belly is as expanded as it's been in many years and the heart and vital organs don't like that much and to hell with the taste buds, right? Well, the taste buds have been saying to hell with me and life for quite some time ow so we shall see who wins the battle tonight. If only there was someone I could call or text who might care and be a good influence, but I've reach a point of ambivalence and self-indulgence that could very well kill me if I don't stop soon.

So hey there, how are you? lol lam sigh :)

I don't know why I don't put some food in the fridge here. Part of the reason is I really don't feel welcome here. The senior coordinator rarely makes eye contact, sometimes doesn't even say good morning, and my desk is two feet from where she must pass to get to the fridge and break rm, which is the back half of my office. Her files are in ere too. Maybe her dislike of me is because I am in what she has considered her space. The last guy didn't last long I hear. That could also be because the boss is a serious micromanager. I didn't even know there was a guy in my position as he gave me the impression he was doing both his job and my job for a couple of years. He gave me no access to the guys files and spoon feeds me the files and folders I need to do my job so I research and create what I need and then he tells me I should use what he created five years ago. No need to recreate the wheel is one of his favorite sayings. It would be nice if he have me the wheels I am supposed to not recreate because I need them to do my job so I create my own and then feel like I wasted my time It's tough to be not permitted to put my stamp on anything. Half the County still calls him when they want the Safety Office and his voice mail says you've reached the safety office, not the Risk Manager. He obviously does not want to let go of the position.

My need for reassurance after my last few positions doesn't help.

This latest project is the biggest of them all by far since I've been here and he might not like it, but I am not running all the documents I am creating by him and I am modifying the documents he gave me so it reads as if I wrote it. We have very different writing styles. His is full of commas, like this, and this, which is a southern schooling style. I do the same in my rambling babbling free associative writing here but when writing formal documents for business or government I follow the books like The Elements of Style by Strunk and that other one. Maybe he's right i his school, I was never the grammatician, nor a neologist, after all.

It is time to get going though, see you later?

There's always hope...

Narf :)

No comments: