Sunday, January 21, 2018

Wholly Poopdeck, Batman

I have the blogs to keep track, even though I do not use them regularly. I have misplaced the two new doctors that the doctor who seems to care enough to listen and refer me to others gave me. I must find them or somehow find a way to ask that nicer doctor for the names and numbers again. In any case, the dietary choices I make could be (is likely) a large contributor to the body issues I have experienced over the past couple of years just as the living conditions and self-care (and lack thereof) I have subjected this body to are just as likely culprits, but sheesh, sometimes the digestive system can be amazing.

As I mentioned in the brief blog today (in case it matters), the dietary choices (and for today and recently, the eating too much) is now going on the record here in this blog world even if you are not here and I boldly go where no blogger has gone before (if you have, please show me) to challenge anyone to care and read and respond and whatever. As I am shouting from the rooftops all over the world lately, life is sharing, after all.

And the links spread their wings thusly:

As if out of the blue, yet seemingly long forgotten, though time being relative, long is a matter of perspective as a concept or a measure of time and whatever that may mean to you, this was supposed to mean something, profound, even. Revealing as all get out. Kinda of like this, but oh so much more. Beyond my control, by design. As if it was meant to be not, I seem to do it regularly and each time (oooohhhh, listen {oo wah oo} do you want to know a secret {ooo wah ooo} do you promise not to tell {oh wah oh oh} closer.... ahem), I want there to be no way out and still somehow, I find ways. Ways to forget. Ways to laugh at all the momentary mundane drama we create as if we are so important and what we think and do matters so much and laguishing in a dirty bath of wonder and self-pity, silently screaming who cares to the universe over and over again singing hello darkness my old friend and meandering as if simultaneously nothing really matters and nothing else matters when we all know nothing from nothing leaves nothing... oh! the places we could go (or could have gone, perhaps, but the record of a life is broken because it never really started and it succumbed to time and the elements in storage all these years (before the deluge, even... before time itself, no doubt> - and see the madness and emo, if you dare) and no one seems to really want to know what makes me tic anymore, if anyone ever did, in case it matters.


So as you may have heard in brief mention, today started out early. I woke and dressed to go to softball practice (that starts at 8:00 AM 40+ minutes away) but realized after half dressing that I did not have softball practice today because the Sunday league had their Fun Day later today, so I went back to sleep. I then woke a couple or few of hours later and dressed and splashed water on my hair and headed to the fields for Sunday Fun Day.

I still have not showered from Friday night softball, in case that matters to you. I think I am experimenting with natural body oil recipes for the anal plague I've been suffering for years (oh, so dramatic I can be, aye?) and I don't want to jinx it, but it may be working.

Maybe.

Anyway, the semi-annual try-outs for the Sunday league (Sunday Fun Day) happen twice a year (you may have read somewhere they are semi-annual) and I help rate the newbies to sort them into the playing level they belong (so they don't get hurt playing against better players until they become better players). It was the usual fun and politics as team managers over around trying to get a glimpse of the rating I give players they might want for their team. It is less organized than I would like and that makes it more challenging to rate properly, but we do the best we can and continue assessing the newbies as we review ratings of all players for the first five games of every season to insure they are rated properly for their own safety and because it's the rules of our national softball league.

I mentioned to the league board that they should consider having the new players sign a waiver so they can't sue the league or the city or county if they got hurt during this activity that the league invited them to, organized, directed, and supervised. Good idea, everyone said. It is a very small clique of the same people running the league for many years and they have their ways and secrets and I really think they mean well and I used to be more a part of the inner circle but I got tired of the politics and sit on the sidelines mostly now. Though I do get asked by the ratings committee chair to stay involved with the ratings committee and he seems to respect and value my input a lot. Thank you, I appreciate that.

After that I met Tinman and his mom and daughter and Sarducci at Sweet Tomatoes, a salad buffet, for lunch. Anyone thinking they are eating healthy or light when they go there is fooling themselves. I'm think the buffet is more suspect than most buffets in terms of cleanliness, sanitation, and healthiness. There are greens, however, and that equates to healthy for many. Tinman got sick and spent half an hour in the bathroom before we left. He blamed the greens.

I had, as the new food blog says (you have found the new food blog, right?), salads and chili (two kinds with multiple cheeses, bacon, and sour cream) and soups and pasta and bread and a sweet potato and butter and mountain dew and ice cream. I don't know why I am so suicidal lately and I don't know why I am not putting my foot down (or in my mouth) and pulling the plug on the trough of calories pouring into this body (I mean besides the fact that I want Jackson to care enough to notice, but then, I always want someone to save me my life tonight, like Elton and Bernie said, but stupidity doesn't usually last this long.

The stupid is strong in this one.

After the healthy buffet, aherm, we went to Tinman's place to watch football with his dad and Sarducci came by again. His mom did some needlework and then fell asleep. We watched a cruel game for Jacksonville fans (sorry Jackson) and another typical victory for Tom and Bill and New England in spite of losing their best receiver to a concussion. Hopefully he will be back for the Superbowl in two weeks. Jacksonville is still too green and does not have the offensive coach (pay calling sucked as the end came) to best New England. Can't say of Bortles and the team could play up to a Belichick system, but given Jax doesn't have one, the QB and players can't be held totally accountable when the play calling sucks so bad. As a long time Tom Brady fan, I am happy for him and hope he gets his record sixth Superbowl ring in two weeks. As a Jacksonville (through Jackson) fan, I hope they get a better offensive coach and continue improving and Brady gives them a break by retiring or messing up one of these years. He doesn't win it all every year, after all. Just more than anybody else ever did.

After the game I returned here and ate dinner and watched more football. Philadelphia looked good, but Minnesota fell apart so how good Philly is will be determined by Tom and Bill and company in the Superbowl in two weeks. I hope to get to see it this year. I think I missed it last year, living with The Maharajah and no TV. Sigh. Exchanging a couple of texts with Jackson about the game and getting to watch part of it (Tinman's dad was watching a movie when we got there and so we turned the game on in the middle of the third quarter and Eb was playing his video game on his computer so the TV could play the football when I got back here).

Still missing a few sports nuts (see the sigh).

After the Philly game, I should have gone to bed since I need to wake early enough for a good shower in the morning since it's been more than 48 hours and I've been active and hot and cold, I wrote instead. You saw some of the results above.

I really must pause in spite f the steady flow of words and inspiration for desire for expansion into other blog realms (ever notice how popular the word realm is in fantasy?), alas, I must find my way to sleep as I have a brand new 90 minute presentation to give tomorrow and I really should be awake for it.



Hope you had fun today (and ate healthier than I did too).

Narf :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was recommended this blog by my cousin. I'm no longer sure whether or not
this put up is written through him as nobody else recognise such distinctive about my problem.

You are wonderful! Thank you!

candoor said...

I'm not sure how I helped, but I love helping so thank you for the good feeling even if I don't know what caused it or who you are or what I did. Maybe you would tell me if I asked, so what did I do?

Did you click on any links?

What do you thinks? :)