Sunday, February 12, 2017

Back to the Bad Habits

Back again after a night of cards and games. We played a few games with Curly's son and Excel won most of those. We played Bridge after that and Curly won the night, so all was well and the tension was minimal, though it got a bit tense when he was losing a few hands in a row. I ate two full plates of spaghetti with meat sauce (sausages) and veggies and the belly expanded again. I even had a root beer.

Life is much better today. I napped and ate and napped and ate and while I still have not had a bowel movement since the procedure so I am a bit concerned about how it will feel and what it will do to my colon for several reasons, I feel good. As I may have mentioned somewhere, the Nurse said he removed three polyps and that means he cauterized three spots and that means those spots could open and bleed and that is one of the most serious potential side effects of a colonoscopy. I do way too much reading.

I need to build up the intestinal flora since the purge/cleanse washed away or killed most of it and the food I am putting in the body is not being digested well. The intestine reacts to laxatives by reducing digestive enzymes which will further inhibit digestion. So the next BM could be hard and painful and that could tear the cauterized polyp spots and most likely will tear the anus that happens every now and then when I eat a lot of harder to digest foods and do not drink enough water and do not exercise and throw in a few other factors. So I took another laxative tablet to wean myself off and I shall drink much water and hope for the best.

Softball practice in the morning, so I shall wind down toward sleep now.

Remind me that I need to do a load of laundry tomorrow, ok?

I'll likely continue babbling here tomorrow.

Hope you are having fun too.

Narf :)

No comments: