Friday, February 10, 2017

Wrap Around Distractions

So I slept a few hours and woke (hey, I'm not gonna wet the bed as long as I can help it, sheesh lol). The medications are doing their thing and I hope to get a little more sleep, but I know myself and I will likely not. There is no couch to lay on while watching TV and I can't turn it up loud enough to listen from the bed, so I sit up watching with the headphones on and this chair is not comfortable enough to sleep in. It's a comfortable desk chair for working at a desk though. So I shall do what i do, wrap myself in distractions.

All that linkage of Florida maps left me with memories of Charlie, the worst of the four hurricanes that blasted through here in 2004. So much has happened since then it feels like a whole other lifetime. I was still a youngster according to everyone shocked when they asked my age. Gray hair certainly stereotypes pone as old in our culture. A whole lot of other memories fly around, living with Rasputin and Precious. Heck, I did not even know Jackson well at that point, mostly just passing in the halls at the hospital where we both worked though I did go to her Superbowl parties those years. We started sharing an office in 2006 and that is when we got closer. Memories are great for distraction and that is what I am plugging into the brain today.

I really do have a great respect for the people of Bhutan.

Yes, the reality of life for the moment is not where I wish to be. The process of cleaning out the intestinal tract has begun and it is not much fun. Three pills then a ton of laxative then more pills and a whole lot of fluids. That's the plan for the day and the results will linger through the night. I will probably babble on about it incessantly in spite of the physical discomfort.

I have a strange mind. I tend to have a rather strange perspective on just about everything and that is partly because I have a relatively infinite sense of humor and enjoy amusing myself by gathering information from everywhere and letting my mind put pieces together as it will (especially when I am experiencing a challenge of any kind). I am picturing the wicked witch of the west sitting on the toilet squirming and crying out "my insides are melting, melting,... oh what a world" but then, I did mention a strange mind.

I am feeling cumulative fatigue already. Sixteen hours at the computer with just a few short breaks on Monday cleaning up the data. It is a painstakingly tedious task, or series of many such painstakingly tedious tasks. I piled on hour Monday through Wednesday so I could take most of Thursday and all of Friday off. Did I mention that somewhere already?

The job is fun for me, actually, but it will not pay the bills as it is, so I check the mailbox for news of other jobs daily. Nothing certain so far, but the Safety Officer job is still looking good based on the communications from their HR department. I got another email from the HR person for the state. She said they are waiting for approvals and apologized for the process being so slow and expects an answer early next week. She said they can't make a conditional offer without the approvals but it sounded like they want to make a conditional offer.

Part of me would like to stay in the easy convenient place, but realistically, I am not living comfortably in this cramped space. Even more, the monotony of the job and the type of work, managing a sales force, would drive me crazy after a while. Still, it's fun and very convenient for now.

The colonoscopy continues to slip into consciousness. All along I've said that I'm just going to let what happens happen Friday. I told them I don't have transportation and I don't want the total anesthesia. I believe they will do what they want to do. I'm ambivalent as I really don't want the anesthesia and would not be too upset if they refused to do the procedure. So many risks and discomforts (links will appear somewhere if they have not already) and three days of life turned upside down without pay. I know, be grateful for the charity. I am, but still, what will be will be.

The bowel purge is not easy to avoid, but I'm determined to wrap myself in distraction. I did all this reading about politics (ok, I lied, I lost interest after the first few paragraphs), but I did learn about the new tea party which may just be the left wing's radical answer to the right wing's radical nonsense. People and their control issues are destroying this country, this planet, and life itself. Distraction should be less serious than this.

Maybe I should watch some more TV, but I caught up on the CBS shoes I watch... I found this on Hulu (I am not sure what it is, but I copied the link so I must want to check it out), so that is where I am headed now. Between bathroom trips.

Hope you have fun too.

Narf :)

No comments: