Saturday, February 25, 2017

Where Did The Time Go?

Wow, look at the date. Last we shared, I was three steps away from the most major change of life style and activities since returning from the great white north (as if anyone from those times or before cares to notice anything anymore, ahem, yes, that's a poke in the say something I'm losing touch with you fading memory part of your mind) and digesting physical challenges partly because I returned to bad habits (specifically eating, slothing, and TV just to name a few) and assorted other distractions and sundries left for the catch-up files if and when I ever find more time for them (but will there really be no entries for almost two weeks when posterity finds this blog?... only the shadow knows... and you if you check back at some future time).

Don't give up on us baby...

So I have been lost in TV shows most nights mostly because I've been too tired to sit up and write after sitting up and writing at work for ten to fourteen hours a day (or something like that) and still only sleeping about four hours a night because the demand for me time would not be satiated or placated or evacuated or in any way repressed enough to allow myself to choose to lay down and fall asleep as the proximity of The Maharaja's bedroom is too close to leave the TV on loud enough to hear it while laying in bed and the desk chair does not lean back enough and the cushion is not soft enough (especially with the bottom issues this body has been having this past year or so) for truly comfortable sleep. What I have been watching should be recorded in the background TV blog, if I find time and enough organization in the brain one of these days. Keep checking if you care or just want to know.

As I mentioned in the brief blog entry, I've been waking with a tummy ache the past two days. Cramping followed by diahrea, more specifically. I am reminding myself to drink more water even more than I usually do, which is a lot. I have been eating a whole lot of junk food and calories this week, even more than I have been since I forgot about the sugar levels and other medical tests that got me to eat seriously fewer calories and drop twenty-three pounds a couple of months ago (September 6th through November 6th, or something like that). So I likely have gained back all 23 pounds and maybe more (shame on me, damn fool) and I feel more sluggish and bloated and so on and that is a fine mess I've gotten myself into, especially since the new job starts in nine days and I probably can't fit into any of the decent business casual pants I might find if I make time to search through the storage boxes yet again (the first search produced a stack of pants with few I can fit into).

I can be such a wasteful (wasted) fool sometimes.

Could it be anxiety or something I ate? I pigged out on Three Arby's sliders and curly fries and then ate the beef stew and bread and butter Excel and Curly threw together in a crock pot. While Curly is usually meticulously clean, Excel and the Commodore's kitchen is often crawling with bacteria as they don't clean well (especially the Commodore). That was Thursday. So it could be a bacteria or virus or something else. Waking yesterday over-tired (lack of sleep is likely part of it), cramping, and somewhat grumpy about no clear commitment from Michael about me continuing as a consulting (if I don't, the systems and processes I created will most likely fall apart and everybody knows that, probably even Michael). The bowels emptied much like they did after the chemically induced purge I did prior to the colonoscopy. I did take a couple of laxative tablets on Wednesday or Thursday as I sensed cloggage in there due to the diet I was choosing this week due to the lack of time and packing up of all the food stuffs and moving them to the storage place after The Maharaja asked me to be out of here by the end of March.

Yes, a lot has happened in the past twelve days and it was not Xmas.

So Friday I stunk up the bathroom at work enough for someone to light a scented candle and still I was fine later on so after a 12 hour day at the desk trying to do as much as I can to prepare them to go on without me in case Michael decides not to call me and ask me to drive over to pick up the laptop I will need to continue helping him, my assistant, and everyone else working there, I drove around a bit hungry and pondering whether to eat out or eat canned pasta and mull over the growing creeping smothering loneliness that was hanging over me in the car. I found myself driving to the new Chinese buffet (which was one of the regular buffets I visited before ownership changed as it was very near Helen's house) and I was very comfortably pigging out on all sorts of foods.

I would point to slightly luke warm mackerel sashimi and the rest of the seafoods and other foods I ate as buffet food could easily (and often does) cause diarrhea (though rarely cramps), but the start was the day before so I will not blame the Chinese. Or the Japanese, for that matter. Asians are safe, except maybe Kim Jong-un and his followers.

If you are not laughing, you are probably not one of my Asian friends or simply have a sad limited sense of humor.

So anyway, this morning I woke with the cramps again and diarrhea followed. You may have read about it somewhere. I am still hungry, so I have every intention of heading to dinner with Helen and a couple of strangers (she posted somewhere online, I have no idea where as she is not on Facebook or the usual online places) and said "a nice 45 year old black couple responded and will join us" though I have no clue as yo how she knows they are black. Or a couple for that matter. Yes, assuming they are nice is the joke there, some of you might have whizzed right past it but heck, you can be as oblivious or even as offended as you'd like because, in case you have not noticed, I am not caring much how my seriously irreverent senses of humors are read today.

Really, you should get out more.

So welcome back my friends (and assorted others) to the show that never ends as the babbler is unleashed once again (for as long as the ass can stand it... or sit, to be more precise). Should you decide to step inside you will be welcome to wander just about anywhere you please as long as you don't go disturbing the peace or creating some harm anywhere. Harm is still not welcome. Yes, I shall remain prejudiced and keep the "No Harms Allowed" sign up in the window. I miss my former co-worker with whom I wandering the hallways of a psychiatric facility for children and adolescents many nights for a few years. We shared a similar sense of humor. She would be a great roommate choice if she wasn't living somewhere in southern in California with another friend we met on the job. They are married with two kids now.

In any case, the search for a new place to live continues and the changes keep on changing.

Yesterday was technically the last day of the Data Analyst and Marketing Manager job (yes, I got the other one which I will hopefully tell you more about in entries to come that will appear as if they were always there before this one, m'ok?). So much is left unfinished at Michael's company and the unsettling part is the proposal I gave to Michael to continue helping as a consultant, which was heartily approved by his son and daughter who are the CFO/CTO and COO respectively, was not completely approved by Michael so I do not have the tools or connections to do what I proposed to do (I'd need the laptop I was using, software I was using, and network access). Hopefully Michael will reach out to me... I just wish he would have done it before I packed up and left.

I feel like I am going to enjoy the day of rest as much as I enjoyed the morning of rhymes. Later, a special treat for dinner (the stomach is fine, the intestines moved from crampy to queasy and that is fading fast) with Helen and those two strangers. It might be a little awkward squirting lbster or crab juice into a stranger's personal space, but that's how Helen set this one up so hopefully they are cool with it.

For the first time in weeks I found rhymes flowing this morning. Here are a few. I even found myself in the time machine doing that now and then think back at (e)thereal, the daily blog with almost seven thousand entries that preceded the two-step daily blogs that are current. Do you know where you are?

Time for myself is so precious and valuable and rewarding and exciting and soothing and relaxing and cathartic and more all at once. You will likely find the details in this blog revealing, perhaps more revealing than your comfort level is comfortable with but hey, at least you don't have smell-o-vision on your computer, right? Or at least maybe you find it entertaining, unless of course you don't care about me and/or don't like babbling and/or are not interested in this life I loosely call mine and/or any of the random revelations and nonsense that comes pouring out of my head there in which case, don't go there and in fact, why are you even here?

And/or, even.

So we come to the close of another free-wheeling babbling blog that sort of catches us up on at least the past few days (but what about the ten days before that?... you ask... well, there's always hope). Thanks for caring, your patience is a gift :)

Narf :)

No comments: