Friday, November 17, 2017

Anybody Listening?

You see things through your own eyes, if you see things at all. Here some find sadness, some find depression, some find illness, some find other negativity. I wonder if they are seeing what is here or what they want to find. Does anyone find the joy? The hope? The wonder? I feel it all the time... even when expressing the deepest sorrow or fiercest frustration or most agonizing pain, I find the positivity shining inside whether it is desperate hope (I am hopelessly hopeful, after all) or rainbows or resolutions or clarity or simply the satisfaction of expressing the negativity. It is my security and stability and it could be that I do not express it well enough... but I feel it, it is real, and it is here.

Maybe those who focus on the negativity may only be able to see the negativity (or actually want to) and it is sad that so many miss the beauty and wonder and excitement and satisfaction and euphoria of letting it all out in a creative and fun way.

What are you seeing through your eyes?

Is there anyone out there who really understand and even channels the minds that gave us some of the most hopeful and challenging thoughts? Writers, but especially musicians, help me remember. I miss John Lennon. I miss Harry Chapin. Two of my brothers from other mothers, I feel (channel?) their spirit through my memories and wish I knew someone who experience even part of what I experience when their words and music pass through me.

I miss singing so much... I repress the feeling...

I still imagine
mostly when I am asleep
I still have dreams
and promises to keep

I let distractions
keep me in a daze
a life out of control
without the purple haze
minor infractions
keep me off my game
a world of apathy
a world of guilt and shame
a world of delusions
a world of lies and pain
a world of madness
a world of going insane
a world of sadness
a word of inside a brain
I still imagine
we can love again

was it just your innocence
or did you really understand
would you live another life
always holding my hand
can two become one in this world
or is that fantasy
can fairy tales become real
what is reality?

I still imagine
a world living as one
with no possessions
nothing to spoil the fun

there is more to this
waiting for you






More to come, when I awake someday...

No comments: