Friday, November 10, 2017

Passionate Fools

For the record, the volume variances on television stations at night are annoying enough for me, and probably others, to turn off the TV. So advertisers and TV moguls, think about the profits you lose by playing with the audio. Anyway, tonight another TV series enters my consciousness, Salvation. It has all the standard possibilities for a science based epic if it doesn't fall into the usual human frailty traps (religion, passion, greed, paranoia, and so on). Already the soap opera passion crap is muddying the waters, but I suppose that's a big part of stretching a story into a TV series. It seems that Hollywood or human artists can only see pure logic without confusing passion as pathological, socio or psycho.

So anyway, I slept in today because I could, a day off for Veteran's Day. Other than sighing deeply, I will do my best not to get into the hypocrisy and foolishness of the current immaturity of humanity that lets insecurity and fear feed paranoia and greed to the point where possessiveness and egocentric power trips dominates almost every human decision, even those we attribute to the heart (but who has the conscious awareness to see beyond the emotional clouds and storms we create to perceive all this clearly, aye?

What?

I watched Wisdom of the Crowd recently and realize it promotes the optimism that humans collectively know what to do to do right and save itself from it's own self-destruction if we only work together even if an outside force does it for us. Interesting concept. Facebook has yet to prove the wisdom the the crowd is anything more than divisive petty arguments between self-important coward emboldened by anonymity and the false sense of privacy and security offered by the internet.

Yeah, so today I spent the afternoon adding articles and images to my Facebook pages. A friend, actually two friends asked me to check my FB because they has a couple of parties planned over the next few months. Fun Fun Fun... and maybe a touch of renewed social life. If I am in ove by the new year then miracles really do happen and dreams really do come true, so stay tuned and keep looking up.

So now I have six new parties on my calendar and then, food.

The pig-out was take out from a Korean place that gets rave reviews from locals and I am beginning to think this area has a whole lot of people with very inexperienced pallets and limited knowledge of how delicious food can be. Poverty and the location experience really do provide such a different perspective on everything. Anyway, the food was good,just not rave-worthy. Now there's another meal in the fridge for another day and delicious chocolate chop cookies were for dessert.

The evening is watching Salvation. I took a shot and the subject matter interests me but we shall see whether the stereotypical religious zealots, black ops crap, and personal paranoia dominates the story, instead of the science and reality of astronomical phenomenon. Sure enough, it's more about international intrigue (which is the result of stupidity and paranoia and jumping to conclusions and prejudice and assumptions and all the rest of the human frailties which seem to be what people want rather than good sense, logic, and intelligence).

Blah blah blah...

until...

Narf :)





No comments: