Saturday, November 25, 2017

Post Stuffing


It was yesterday when I revisted Diaryland and the one and only Dangerspouse, the splendiferous blogging NY DJ, when I wrote this in his notes:

I can barely move. I think someone put a funnel in my mouth and poured in more food after I fell asleep to reduce the leftover pile. Once again you enthralled me with your adventures in everyday life. I suppose moving the computer to another room would be too simple a fix, so how about a scuba tank. The wet suit can protect you from the molds and you'd be prepared for the next faulty urinal. Personally I try to stay dry at work. My office is a refrigerator. People left they lunches in there to keep them cold until they got tired of eating only half of what they brought it. I wasn't greedy, just hungry. Besides, I had to make sure the food didn't spoil. I look out for my co-workers. Hope you and NewWifey(tm) get well soon. I assume you'll catch it since you can't keep your hands off each other. Sick sex is better than none. Keep breathing.


The Stuffing continues as yesterday I ate a light late lunch, but was not satisfied to be sensible and wise after being energized by the show so I stopped to shop for food and stuff and ate a medium package of lasagna with an 8 ounce package of mozzarella extra. A zillion calories more than I should have. I also washed my butt just once yesterday and say way too much (afternoon writing and for the evening show, not the most comfortable of seating which is another major disappointment for the new multi-million dollar arts and entertainment center this city built to replace the arts and entertainment center that was always faulted for poor acoustics, but had better acoustics than the new one, but I said all that already so I'll say it again:

Love Never Dies was excellent, even from the nosebleed seats. The seats were harder foam cushions than expected, but what was seriously disappointing was the ceiling which, while circus-like artsy, was an acoustic nightmare. The sound system was poor to begin with, but then you can seldom expect good sound in the upper balcony even though technology makes it easy to have great sound anywhere if you want to invest in the right equipment. Much of the time the words did not articulate clearly through the speakers. The actors were excellent, from what I could see and hear.

It was still a fun experience and, while I would like to take more control of buying the tickets therein assuring better seating, I now have a theatre-going friend for future shows. There was an opportunity to take photos with the cast after the show but Izzy did not appear interested as she went for the first exit door instead of walking through the lobby where all of the standing in costume. It appears Izzy has a similar (or worse) aversion to crowds that Jackson had. Definitely not a mosh pit partner, if I ever decide to go moshing again.

As for the show, I felt like I had seen it before, but I believe the cast said this was the first touring production so I apparently didn't. The story was well written and performed with serious fun. The distance from the stage allowed an emotional distance so only a tear and a half was shed at the very end, but it may have inspired more if viewed from closer where facial expressions and better clarity could be seen, heard, and experienced. The show was a fitting sequel to a truly great show and classic story. I preferred the music of the original, but the music of the sequel will definitely grow on me given a chance. I won't tell you the end, but it was tear-jerkingly wonderful. For the love of music. For the love of love.


When I finally move out of this place and into a place where I can bring my stuff (music, in this case) out of storage so I can start listening to music and entertainment more selectively again, I shall find Love Never Dies and add it to my collection. If I start collecting again. At this point in life, de-cluttering seems more logicl and sensible and wise, especially since I do not have anyone who is interested in all the stuff I have collected (and still have, since most of the stuff I've collected has been giving away.. which would shock most of you if you saw how much stuff is still in storage, but that's another series of stories for other times), over the course of this lifetime.

So I sat here (more sitting) watching TV and relaxing after the show. Orville, Criminal Minds, Young Sheldon, Future Man - the latter being pure background noise). Spoke to Harpo on the way home. He helps restore my faith in the human imagination outside of my head. Ate the lasagna. Now, finally, sleep.

Hope you had fun too. Feel free to share. Or come on over, even.

Narf :)

No comments: