Saturday, November 25, 2017

Scavenging for Friends

Today's scavenger hunt was fun. Some improvements were suggested for next time to make it more fair (the son of the person who created the scavenger hunt won because he went into his room and found several items on the list which allowed his team to get one extra item outside and spend less time looking and therefor his team ended up with three more points than us even though we found every item on the list and beat them back to home base which should guarantee a win... they also had an advantage because they knew the area well and we had to google the location for everything. We still found everything and got back first.). Met one cool person I'd like to hang out with again, though she's married and I am not sure if she or her husband is is into a male friend. Her name is Christine. Her husband is Romanian and she lived there with him for most of her adult life after going to college in Germany, but she was born and spent childhood until 18 in Michigan. Small world, aye?

Keep trying to meet more new people, that's the ticket.

So not laundry is spinning and food is heating up and I am spending a relaxing Saturday night here. Eb bought a new Xbox One in the past few days and he's been playing non-stop since opening the box. The living room is blocked and I have to keep stepping over his stuff to get out the door and back inside. He finally moved to a chair directly in front of the TV but the path is still blocked. He really has no clue about sharing space with someone - or even being considerate of someone else in his space. Whatever, I had fun and am gong to eat spaghetti and meatballs tonight for dinner. Frozen, yes, but not canned. I bought a spaghetti pot and a frying pan and pizza pan (as if I don't have enough in storage) and we shall see if I decide to use them here. That will require some serious cleaning, so we shall see.

I may not have internet after November 30. Eb does not want to pay $70 for it and he's hinted I can get a new customer deal for about $50 but first, I will not accept a rent increase so he's have to lower the rent by $50 and second I don't want to be here for another year so signing up for a discount for this place does not make sense unless I can transfer it and third there are most likely set up fees and transfer fees that will just take more money out of my pocket so he can lower his monthly bills and fourth I already pay his mortgage, utilities, internet, and then some with the rent I currently pay so he's got a reality check coming if the internet gets turned off or if he actually asks me (as opposed to hinting). If I have no more internet here I will send and check email and upload writings from work and the motivation to get out of here will be much more powerful as I will have no TV to distract me from this unhealthy living environment.

Silver linings are good. :)

More to follow...

No comments: