Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Sleep Deep

Give me Love
give me love
give me peace on Earth

That was playing on the radio, a lot, not as much as My Love, but almost, as I was working in the storeroom of the Modell's Davega on Chambers Street just footsteps from the Manhattan side of the Brooklyn Bridge, the bridge I drove over to get to work six days a week. Afternoons, actually, except Saturday. I was napping in high school most weekday mornings. Even closer, a few hundred feet to the west, was a construction site. I watched the two tallest building in the world rise to loom over the Hudson River for almost thirty years. I was long gone from New Yrk when the dust from the twin towers covered the windows of the first place I ever worked, but the connection remains.

Memories in deep sleep.

I was disappointed with both songs at the time. They showed the weaknesses of Paul and George's songwriting talents. Still gifted, but collaboration was the magic that made the Beatles so amazing and that was lacking in the two songs flowing through my mind during this entry. They were not Beatles songs. Both were syrupy, whiny, and without the magical mystery melodies that made the Beatles the Beatles. I was also madly (deeply, truly) in love with someone who would only consummate behind closed doors because her best friend seduced me two weeks before she confessed her love for me. The heart wants what the heart wants and that is how triangles play their song.

Now, all these years later, the rational mind convinces the heart that it was puppy love, never serious, never mature, never the eternal endless true love we thought it was at the time.

There is so much more...

someday...

somehow...

somewhere...

Narf :)
to


follow


again


Narf. :)

No comments: