Friday, August 12, 2016

As If I Am Back

The page views return in their usual haphazard relatively meaningless way as if I am back from the time away and I have regular readers who stop by every night (or day) to check in and read about the life and times as experienced by me, the writer of these babbles and yet, who knows who lurks in the shadows, right? Don't go breaking my heart around again, m'ok?

Laughing all the way to the psych ward, today was just another extra ordinary day in the life (have you read the news today?... oh boy) not recorded as once planned but still lived to the fullest extent of the law and abilities far beyond those of mortal man, yes today (as opposed to yes terday, if you catch the drift of time) was another sun-filled action packed extravaganza in disguise (patent pending).

After concluding the previous entry (or something like that) I tossed and turned (or at least stayed awake in bed) with some thoughts rolling through the brain that kept me awake and I finally got to sleep some time after the appointed hour, giving me less sleep than intented but I did wake early enough to shower and drive to the rally to get there early as I planned. My people (meaning the people from the Facebook group) did not show up in droves as I had hoped they wood because most were working, but what was most disappointing was the real die hards did not even call or respond to the Facebook PM I sent to let them know the latest details about the rally. I thought they'd at least respond.

Worse than that, the post I put on my wall about the rally and four people liked it. I have over 500 Facebook friends on my new (yes, it's still the new account... Bugs Webbot, who had more than 1500 friends, will not be forgotten easily and good old Bugs will not go away quietly lol lam lab). Just four people liked what I am doing for the community that about 400 of the 500 people are part of even more than I am. I just seem to repel people online. Must be my literary charm.

So as if I am back to my usual daily online presence, nobody is noticing.

The story of my online life.

Meanwhile, the Rally to End Hate had a disappointing turnout but then, what can be expected mid-day far from where most local people live (the Convention Center is in the heart of the tourist zone, almost an hour from here... we did get people taking off work and travelling more than an hour for the funerals, but not today. Seems the initial enthusiasm to support the community is waning.

A lot of the people there were Democratic Party big wigs attracted by the fact that Republican party big wigs injected themselves into the Event we were responding to, an gathering of evangelical religious leaders hell-bent on preaching fire and brimstone and condemning as hard as they can based on their interpretation of the parts of the bible that condemn. The religious organizations also have specialized training for preachers who want to run for office so their form of Christian Law can become the law of the land. When I ask them if they see the similarity between what they are trying to do and the hard core Muslims who want Sharia Law to be enforced, they show me a bible.

I helped my Sunday softball coach unfurl a 25 foot rainbow flag and then helped two others unfurl a 100 foot rainbow flag. I kept the water cooler full of waters and handed out rainbow pins that I picked up from the rainbow pin maker yesterday. People were appreciative. A group of religious leaders held a press conference to state that religion does not stand for hate or prejudice or condemnation of anyone and some family members and survivors of the shooting at the Pulse night club spoke. A lot of news media were there but other than one stream on one internet show, I stayed off camera. I helped clean up and headed to shop for the chair I started shopping for with Harpo yesterday.

I decided to eat at the Chinese buffet that was next door to the store where I found the chair I wanted in stock. Again, more calories than I needed but deliciously yummy. I went to get the chair afterward and the rains came. I had to wait thirty minutes because the downpour was so hard and I did not want to be completely soaks as I was heading to Excel and the Commodore's to play cards from the store. I got the car and drove it up on the sidewalk so it would be under the cover and out of the rain so I could get the box in the car dry. I did not want a soaking wet box sitting in the car until at least tomorrow as I doubted I would want to negotiate getting it into this place when I got home after midnight. The lighting is bad outside.

So the box with the new chair is in the car and cards were fun, as usual, and it is time for sleep. Hug yourself for me and feel free to let me know you are reading.

Narf. :}

No comments: