Thursday, August 11, 2016

Limitations

There are some features in Windows 10 that are so user unfriendly that they simply do not make sense. Like automatically closing files to restart after an automatic update without saving those files. So I lost words again (and time passes again too). Luckily (for you, perhaps), I do not have the comfort or time to lament as I might wish to because there's still no chair (though I did find one for $200 at Office Depot and I just might be foolish enough to buy it tomorrow if I am foolish enough to forget I am going to Austin next week and have not had income since last year and have a very close to emergency panic button savings creeping into who's gonna feed me now? {loosely related to this one...

who's gonna tell you when it's too late who's gonna tell you things aren't so great you can't go on thinking nothing's wrong who's gonna drive you home tonight who's gonna pick you up when you fall who's gonna hang it up when you call who's gonna pay attention to your dreams who's gonna plug their ears when you scream you can't go on thinking nothing's wrong who's gonna drive you home tonight who's gonna hold you down when you shake who's gonna come around when you break


...but that's a horse of a similar story {and this is quite the parenthetic aside} and the answer still remains nobody} so we shall see just how foolish I can be tomorrow or any day now, perhaps, if anyone cares, in case it matters, all the doo dah day) but somehow I find myself here semi-lamenting about other bigger picture stuff while the lost words linger in the darkness of my mind (tilting at windmills, no doubt).

Once, a classic entry might have emerged where this nub of a joke (or is that a but?) now resides, but for now, I shall disassociate myself with any serious thought and simply summarize the day. Woke after noon after sleeping many hours. Contemplaed my navel on Facebook for a couple or few hours and then headed to The Ribbon Maker to pick up bags of ribbons for tomorrow's rally. I called Harpo, but he didn't want to go. He was open to going out for food after I got back and so we did. Unfortunately his budget pushed him to the wholesale club food court where fat-filled food can be had dirt cheap. I was hoping for the salad place he had suggested a few hundred times over the years. So two days in a row my quest for socialization ended with me consuming way more calories than intended. That sucks. I need to stop calling people when I am hungry. Or find healthier friends.

After the food court pizza and hot dog, we went to see about getting me a chair to keep my back from curtailing life as I know it. I found one I liked way more than I'd like the spend (you may have heard about it), but it was not in stock so we went to another store and I found three or four times the selection and not one I liked. At that point Harpo insisted he had to go home because he had so much to do (I am always puzzled when he says that because he has not worked in at least twenty years) so I took him home. I then went to the local supermarket to finally satisfy my chocolate craving that has been growing for a few weeks. A month without chocolate is a rare experience for me in this life. I perused ice creams and cakes and all sort of chocolates and settled on mini-nestle's crunch bars because they will last in the freezer and they were on sale.

All the side saddle remarks and afterthoughts and other babble that might have accompanied this may also be lost words or perhaps some will appear in a few weeks when I return from the world series if I have time for such self-indulgence and a back that will cooperate with stilling comfortably long enough to do it.

Until then, feel free to graze nostalgic (links provided above).

Appreciation for your time is available.

Narf :)

No comments: