Sunday, August 14, 2016

BFTP and More

I am pretty sure something important might have been slipped into all the babbling of the last week or few months (catch-up time is relative, if you know what I mean). At the moment, Melanie sends shivers down my spine with her voice, words, music, and my memories. It is a wonderful experience everyone should have at least once in their lives. The rebel child screams with her heart as she sings Birthday of the Sun and then she covers songs so well she makes them her own with more chills like Unchained Melody where she tones down the power of the melody to just bare bones plantif longing which takes me back to the saddest thing which is one of the most heart-wrenching songs of all time (and I am realizing just how much I miss the emotional catharsis of sad songs so very much tonight) with one of the best most inspiring lyrical bridges of all time...

But I will not weep nor make a scene
just say thank you life for having been

and the final lamenting lines remind me of the silence from those I've known and loved (from the most recent dear Jackson to the deepest Anemone to the reality of you, dear readers) and yet, the lyrical bridge saves me one more time. She deserves more tribute sites and I want to fall in love again. As I drift back to a long long time ago memories of Linda Ronstadt rise from the ashes of the heart and so much more, but if you just read the brief blog, you may never know.

Then again, it could be George Carlin inspiring the rebel child. lol lam (ah, alas, look what they've done to my song :)

After waking in time to head out to a softball double header with the Saturday team where we won one and lost one (7-5, 15-3) and I played better than last week, though walked two in the first game, I headed to Excel and the Commodore's for a shower and games. I got home after 3am and I decided to finish laundry and pack for my trip as much as possible (I left a bag of stuff at Excel and the Commodore's place). While finding things in boxes has left the place in quite a cluttered disarray and hopefully Curly won't come in while I'm gone because he is ocd about neatness and he won't like the cluttered disarray. I intend to straighten up when I get back, but there's just no time for that before I leave without throwing everything in boxes to make it look tidy and I don't want to do that.

Sleep is finally calling.

Nite Nite.

No comments: