Monday, September 5, 2016

So Much Fun It is...

Today (actually yesterday by now) was another day home alone in a rather vegetative state as I did not actually go to sleep until the mid-afternoon and didn't wake until almost midnight. I think. I wish I could let myself go without clocks or any sense of time for a few months as I did in the past. It was so rejuvenating for the mind and life. Running returned in those days and I was in the best shape of this life. I danced vigorously for many hours on end. I wrote prolifically to hundreds of people as well as to myself and muses. As morning comes after a weekend of almost separating myself from time, I stumbled back to Facebook to leave this message:

Over the ten years I've been on Facebook I have been off the site a lot more than I've been on the site. Often that is due to lack of time, mostly it is simply because I prefer more personal communication. I am not a FB hater and have experienced great benefits from online social networks. I love written words and correspondence. I simply and firmly believe that life happens offline. I am doing my best to enjoy life and hope every one of you do too. Hug those close to you and experience the eye contact and conversations. I appreciate every one of you who reach out to me on Facebook and hope you understand that if a few weeks pass before I respond, that does not diminish my appreciation or the smile in my response. You matter to me and you know how to reach me. Thank you for adding love and wisdom and amusement to my life


It was nice to see there were a few people awake in the middle of the night who missed me. A private message came in asking if I was ok. A response to a hug I left. A few likes to the post above. It was a good feeling. They have my number. I welcomed real human offline contact. There were still way too many posts that were superficial, narcissistic, and as distracting as the fiction I watch on TV. So I return to TV and will respond to texts and calls and the real life offline.

I really enjoyed Elementary on many levels as I wrote previously. I hope to see the fifth season soon and hope not to bump into spoilers that will diminish it for me (as I bumped into spoilers about NCIS and Castle and other favorites). I hope to find another show on Hulu I can enjoy as much.

For the moment, 12 Monkeys is pushing the limits of the laptop Jackson gave me (I am not forgetting that keeping the CPU and laptop on constantly just so I can have some background TV noise and some visual distraction risks the laptop... I keep two fans on blowing directly on the back of the machine from a few feet away and place frozen bottles of water in front of the fans at least once a day in an attempt to balance the cooling with the drying... no air conditioner in August in Florida is not good for electronic equipment running for many hours at a stretch) and some solitaire kept me from growing board with an average re-working of a very old plot line.

I am considering heading to the free clinic this morning but I am not sure it is open because today is a national holiday. Look it up. Ok, it is closed today. Figures, I am awake and I can be there early and it is not open. I must somehow repeat this tomorrow, be awake and ready to go early. Awake. Life.

I ate cream cheese, garlic bagel bites, sunflower seeds, yogurt, and some dried papaya. Yum.

We must be having fun or why else continue?

Narf :)

No comments: