Friday, September 9, 2016

Windows 10 is Not Even Chrome Plated.

Yeah, this is likely going to be a meaningless complaint and possibly a consumer communer (forgot about that one, didn't we?), but I will just leave this hear in case the world blows up tomorrow (hey. you never know how these things might escalate, I mean, much of the world is dependent on Microsoft operating systems and if MS and Google go to war, who knows what the fallout may be, right?). So I wrote this:

The winds of chance, the energy, or perhaps some force beyond my current awareness has presented challenges in the past few hours. Google Chrome stopped working for me. I wandered the web for solutions all night and as the sun rose, I started using Opera as a browser. Then, suddenly, as if to taunt me, Chrome pops up after an installation of the latest Adobe Flash. I leave out many details of the night's escapades. Fantasy football drafting, watching TV online, various other activities, and the usual writing (which has not been so usual or frequent of late, but that's another story).


So I did a lot of reading and apparently Microsoft is finding sneaky ways to disable Google Chrome and create a very poor user experience in Windows 10 for anyone using Google Chrome. Stupid, because it just makes me hate Microsoft and now I won't even try their new "Edge" browser. I had to log in to everything I ordinarily do with Chrome, finding passwords, taking time, and further sinking Microsoft. The next computer I buy will likely be an Apple or I might just move to Linux. Microsoft's greed really hurts them more than any faulty versions of Windows they put out way before they should.

Life goes on.

Narf. :)

No comments: