Sunday, September 4, 2016

Vegetainment

Entertainment or Vegetation? I miss movies (and not just sci-fi movies, but there's a start). I especially hope to see Passengers being released 12/21/16 and The Circle that does not have a release date at the moment. Also would like to see Story of Your Life, Passage to Mars, The Space Between Us, Cell, What Happened to Monday? and others. Anybody interested? I mean, really interested? I son't want to spend money on movies just to see them by myself.

Hulu brought me back to TV, though so far just one show. The selection appears limited but I will explore more after I watch the first show I chose from the list I found. So I watched four seasons of Elementary and am now left at the rather borad and un-steep cliffhanger of the forth season and tempted to read about the fifth season because I have no other way to watch it at the moment.

Much to my reluctant resistance and against my grain of nature or something like that, I moved on to The Librarian because it was "up next" on Hulu. I did not feel like searching more and suspect searching will be a great disappointment. So I start with the hope that this new show that I skipped over when it was on TV might bring some pleasure.

Ok, 13 minutes into the first movie and I am doing my best to ignore the music and get into the weak mockery of the Harry Potter series. Also trying to take Jane Curtain and Bob Newhart seriously. This is going to take some effort. And the eye candy needs to happen soon.

Way too many god references. Way too bad visual effects. Way too much bad acting compounded by terrible casting. "Take a chance big boy" Yes, and way too much bad writing.

Almost an hour into this and I can barely believe I am still watching.

I sat through it all with the help of the solitaire game on the other screen. I will not be watching the sequels or the TV show. I choose the shows I watch mostly on instinct after seeing the brief previews or reading a synopsis. I really should trust my instincts and not waste a couple of hours like I did lol.

Off to another show, 12 Monkeys and more games.

No comments: