Friday, January 20, 2017

Blogging Memories and Dreams (aye?)

As you may have noticed, I am babbling a bit lately. Perhaps a lot. You don't see the half of it as most days I am also writing a bit of babble to J as well as the dual blog entries here and in the briefer daily as well as other rhymes and prose in other blogs and places, not to mention resume tweaks and carefully crafted cover letters (carefully crafted to fail, apparently). I certainly have the time. So this higher peak of babbling may be expected, though I am not peaking in sheer number of entries primarily because I have this babbling blog.

Reaching back to the records that google-blogger keep, that peak came in the (e)thereal blog (where brevity was attempted so one of these babbling entries might have been four or five entries there, which might be cheating, but who's counting?... oh, we are... ahem) during the last period of leisurely life when I had a whole lot more savings and a whole lot less stress (and I believe I was living alone for part of it as Jackson moved to another state for about six months before moving back down here with me again).

Yes, let's reminisce some more about memories and dreams since the previous entry did not do that quite enough (what distractions?). There was a time of uploads so frequent that blogger blocked me on more than one occasion. I believe they have some limit on entries per day and my account was certainly pouring entries into many blogs. That particular peak came durng the winter of 2012-13 and started in September of 2012. We were recording more than 2000 page views a month (one month we hit 5000 views) and by December when we hit a record, I believe for any single month of writing since I first started writing (though there were months of several hundred rhymes, songs, and other stuff before the blogging became the predominant writing form in the written gardens and if you really want to know, well, come on over and let's figure it out together) and the heavy flow of entries continued through 2013 as January nudged October out of the number two spot it had just attained. Four of the five months that topped 200 entries were in this period.

What? Are you fascinated yet?

Yes, so that period was the peak of a 13 month 100+ entry a month year spaning from July 2012 through July 2013 making 2012 and 2013 the two most prolific years of entry uploading in the modern blog era (and there were some blogathons in the previous decade that required an entry every 30 minutes for at least 24 hours). I wonder sometimes just what has changed over the decades and how has the writing (and me and us) evolved (or devolved) and revolved over the years (ready to review? {like anyone has time... but oh how I wish we would... even if you weren't Shopgirl} lol lam). Online daily blogging, from the behinning and through the years... 199?... 2001...2001...2002...2004... 2006...2008...2012...2016...2016... (and so many are left out) and through the hills along the way.

Oh, am I writing an abstract this blogging life entry?

Then there were the side blogs, not always daily and not based on daily life, but running along side the dailys for a specific reason/topic or as a creative outlet for the prose or rhymes that sought a different perspective... 199?...2002...20052006...2007...2008...2009...2011...20122012...2012...2012...2016...2016... and still so many others for so many reasons from introducing myself through words or music or images to pure flights of fantasy.

After a bit of wandering and digging into archives, I just uploaded my old Myspace blog and showed that all I learned about web design did not change my go-to 90's format when I am rambling and in a hurry to get words online. Maybe I'll use blogger to redesign the blog one of these days, but at least for now, a whole lot of entries deleted by the myspace corporation are now back online and available for your reading pleasure. I want to make time to read more of it. The little I read brought me all sorts of smiles and I liked some of the rhymes (you, know, lyrical metered stuff musicians use to create songs). The influence of music that was prevalent there in those days was evident in the blog entries.

I very much welcome your input and feedback and anything you wish to share, ya know? :)

This is the sort of thing that happens when I have a lot of time to do anything I please (and not much money to get out of the house). Even with a lot of money, I still would devote an exorbitant amount of time to babbling because I love to babble. I mean, imagine an abandoned diary... you know about my abandonment issues, right?. Perhaps it's egocentric (not quite Michael from The Office though), but it's part of me so deal with it. I might even create a youtube channel (though my face face would probably not sell well there, I mean, no youthful sex appeal and a flabby double chin is not a good youtube combination. Ah, dreams of fame and fortune are for other people. I'll just live those vicariously through some people who get millions of views. Speaking of millions, if I was a millionaire, I would take more showers. In fact, I did when I was.

Oh no, money thoughts. Let's leave them for another time.

Thank you.

Narf :)

No comments: