Friday, January 13, 2017

It's All Fun Until Someone Falls in Love

Ah, so I was not finished yesterday and instead of expanding and continuing that rambling entry, I will leave it as it is, in punfinished pieces and imperfect as it may be (still perfect the way it is (so why is this beautiful heart not leading her generation to hope and a brighter future (perhaps her own self-doubts are getting in the way, or perhaps it really is much more who you know than who you are in this world, alas), no less getting more attention (is it just that the youtube community has changed and swung to the over-dramatic meaningless gaming, pranking, drama, and outrage that Twitter seems to have been attracting?

A hopeful view is that this decade's generation are not spending as much time online and are actually out in life offline living and learning and communicating and creating the seeds of better leaders for a more enlightened humanity. A less optimistic view might suggest we're all fucked and fewer people care, online or off, anymore.

Some twenty-somethings have learned to be appealing to the camera and the audience on youtube and get enough attention to "make a living" making youtube videos. For instance, Natalie Tran still gets millions of views (though even she seemed to peak a few years ago). Speaking of millions, if I was a millionaire, I would take more showers. In fact, I did when I was. Of course I digress, that is a large part of why we are here.

Meanwhile, with such beautiful eyes, I wonder why so much makeup and extended lashing? Maybe because the culture seems to want it. Personal preference, perhaps. Not right or wrong, just more work and less natural. With naturally beautiful eyes, my personal preference is to see them naturally, but then, someone selling their videos to the public must cater to what the majority of the public want. That is why so many women get breast implants (or other cosmetic work done). I respect those who don't. We live in a culture that buys deception and lies? so most successful people sell it. It disgusts me when people sell out to the point of becoming unreal plastic cutouts of themselves. This is a healthier perspective. I appreciate Natalie Tran and Emma Blackery for not going that far.

Alas, I preach the right ideas and ideals, but I do not follow my own advice as well as I can today (so forgiveness saves me, but it also enables my mistakes). I am not optimizing myself nor am I making optimal decisions. I reach for distraction blindly at times, for instance, I have no idea why I put this next link in this paragraph to explore later. So The artists (and I see anyone as an artist, including the youtubers who create content that inspires me smile, think, feel, and want to return to see more of their stuff. I am thankful for youtube because it is relatively free and other entertainment costs more than I want to spend these days. And who knows, maybe someone will fall in love with me because I leave them a comment.

Yes, I do laugh at thoughts like that as I drop them into the stream of babble with both irreverence and seriousness. Irreverence because I don't take it seriously because I know the probability of it happening is extremely small. Serious because I want it, seriously, I want someone to fall in love with me. I mean, I lived in New York so someone could fall in love with me because I am cool like the city. Of course I would prefer more depth and meaningful sharing than superficial adulation or awe, but deep adulation and awe is welcome too. Serious irreverence, it is a way of life.

I might pay for Curiousity Stream when I have an income flowing again... if I have time and find it worth it. That may have nothing to do with yesterday's entry or the young women that lead me into this entry other than to demonstrate that youtube and the internet have diverse offerings to simulate different aspects of my brain and being (if my being has some aspect outside of my brain as some people believe). Of course there is the aspect selling mysteries for their own purposes and agenda in every alleged serious topic and as I remind you (and me) quite often, even I utilize the random mystery factor to lure us to click on a link when I have no recollection of where it leads or why I include it.

Sometimes I have no conclusion and just fall asleep. That is happening now. I just got home from playing cards and stuffing this body with still more food and feel bloated and sleepy. So it is off to bed for me and odd to some other activity (unless you've fallen in love with me and want to continue reading a couple of hours a day for the rest of your life in between passions and pleasures and amusements and serious meaningful sharing and dun, of course.

Ummm, nite nite...

Narf lol lam :)

No comments: