Thursday, January 19, 2017

Memories and Dreams (Just Labels)

Just to do something different today (probably out of some of the quiet hopes and dreams that still live, like hardwood embers in an old fire), I looked at the layout of the previous daily blog (you know, the one with almost seven thousand entries) and realized there were corrections to be made to the right side bar (I mean, in case someone actually stumbles by to read and finds incentive to want to read more, know more, and reach out to me), so I updated some of the information in the right side bar of that previous daily blog.

Almost seven thousand snippets (with some babbles) of this life I loosely call mine deserves to be up to date in case anyone comes by. History, after all, deserves a little attention.

That's when I remembered that I used to put "labels" on each blog entry once upon a time. It was very early in that previous daily blog that I stopped rather suddenly one weekend many years ago as this song was buzzing around my brain (though I am not sure why I stopped the tags and I suspect the primary reason was rushing to get the words uploaded).

These daily blogs are about recording the show, this life, for me and you and anyone who cares and history and posterity (we can explore the differences another time), after all. Another of the quiet hopes and dreams is that all these words and other sundries that I have uploaded in this lifetime might have some value and meaning to readers past, present, or in the future and that is why I return now and then, as long as I am still alive and writing, to explore and dust the websites I no longer upload to in the present.

For whatever reason, I stopped using the "labels" feature with this entry and perhaps it holds some clues as to why I stopped. I apparently came to some realizations and made some decisions about doing some things that would occupy time and perhaps one of the things I chose to stop doing to make more time for other things was labeling entries. The extra few minutes of pondering which labels to use out may have been more symbolic than anything else, but it is a possible reason the labels stopped so abruptly.

I believe I had just moved in with Jackson (or was it the year before and we had just moved, well I am certain I had just moved) so moving to a new space may have played a role. I was still taking care of Precious (Rasputin moved out of state and she was not ready to live completely on her own). Oh so many choices I made that brought me to today. I was a whole lot more active in socializing too. Also working a whole lot of hours. I was also trying to focus more on health and exercise and other self-discipline. Allocating brain power and time to labeling each entry simply became a much lower priority for many reasons.

Ultimately, the labels were a new toy to play with way back when the previous daily blog started and I apparently relegated the toy to the later, when I have more time shelf and never got back to it. So for one reason or another (boredom, quiet hopes and dreams, memories, loneliness), I start to play with that "labels" toy and we shall see just how long it holds my interest (there are many thousands of entries that were not labelled way back when I paused).

Ok, so that took all of a half dozen entries and I am bored with the labeling. Seems today is much like those days I stopped labeling (ah, perhaps there are more clues in the blog entries from way back then... ready, set, go! lol lam :)

Well, that was disappointing.

Narf. :)

No comments: